Hiker friends love boiled peanuts and we call boiled peanut lovers squirrels now. So I have been making them for few years now for our hikes. Now with insta pot they are much easier to make. Here’s how I made them in 6 quarter insta pot.
- Soak raw dry peanuts for 10-12 hrs in insta pot only with trivet that comes with it on so that they stay in water else they will float.
- Rinse and add fresh water, salt. Needs lot of salt. You can taste water and it should taste good salty. You can also add spices you like.
- Pressure cook on high for 50 mins. And let it release naturally.
- Taste and if salt is less , add more and cook for a minute and natural release again so it has time to absorb more salt.
- Fun healthy snack to relax and chit chat with friends.
- If you have green peanuts (lucky you) then no need to soak. It should be done in 25-30 minutes.
- Peanuts are gluten free. So this is vegan gluten free snack. It will keep you full for a long time too.