If you already didn’t know , pizza dough is super super easy to make at home. 2 cup all purpose flour , salt, olive oil and add 3/4th cup of water that you proofed yeast in. Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter for 2 hrs and it will rise . Question is why would you do at home ?
- Because it is super easy.
- You can add flavors in crust like Italian seasoning, crushed pepper , garlic powder etc.
- Everyone now a days is trying to lose weight so this home made pizza might be little lighter.
- Kids will have fun putting , choosing their toppings.
- And it taste good and you will be happy that you made it at home.
If you have never tried to make pizza dough tat home, then at least try once for experiment. You will enjoy.
Got this idea from One of the Chinese restaurant I like. They have more vegetables than noodles and all vegetables have a nice crunch to it. Also lot of different kind of vegetables. I tried to recreate it and it came out very well.
Use 3/4th veggies and 1/4 portion noodles. I added zucchini, carrots , Broccoli ,Tofu, Mushroom, red onion, green onion. Snow peas , water chestnuts, baby corns will be good addition.
I buy Raw peanuts and roast them in oven for 15-20 mins. It will add a nice crunch and taste so much better and fresh. I am not giving any recipe because I just add what I have. I am not too picky.
Serve with a slice of orange. When you use good , fresh, quality ingredients , everything taste good .
Try it out . No need to eat same food everyday and no need to feed same food every day. Meal times should be fun for everyone.
Have you ever made enchilada sauce or just buy can ? Well, I always bought can since all recipes i saw used canned tomato sauce. What’s the point? But I found recipe using fresh tomatoes and so I tried. It’s really good and I loved it. I also make corn tortillas at home sometimes since it’s almost like Indian roti, rotla. I found recipe on this wonderful site: https://www.mexicanplease.com It has very good Mexican recipes so do check it out.Here’s how I made it. It is almost like how we make Indian sauces.
- Roast 3 Roma tomatoes for 20 mins at 400F.
- Sauté half white onion chopped with 2-3 garlic cloves for 7-8 mins. I used red onion.
- Chop roasted tomatoes and throw it in and cook for a minute.
- Now add Chipotle’s pepper may be just 1. And 2 tsp of sauce from it also.
- Add cumin powder, black pepper, salt , Mexican oregano if you have it. I skipped it.
- Let it cool down and blend it.
- Heat the sauce again and add some water depending on how thick you want it.
- Make enchiladas the way you like it.
- Chipotle peppers makes a difference in taste and they are available easily.
If you love everything pizza , then this is must try. Hot from oven oops Tava here tasted so good and am not even pizza person or cheese person. Whatever that means…
I added garlic powder and Italian seasoning in dough. And for stuffing I had colored pepper , olives and not so hot green chili with mozzarella cheese. Recipe here:
It will make a good diner with a Side of soup on Weekend. Minestrone soup will go well with it. And it’s winter too now . So pizza paratha + soup will make night warm. I made dough before going out and it was easy and very quick to make paratha when came home hungry. Plan , think your meals little in advance and it will save lot of energy.
Holiday season has started and many ppl will go on baking spree. Baking ingredients will be on sale everywhere . I buy quality ingredients now and they can get expensive. So only bake when needed and people also like it when I tell them i have used like organic coconut oil or organic this and that. Here’s few of good things to use in baking that I use for example:
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Organic butter , ghee made at home from organic butter.
- Aluminum free baking powder
- Raw sugar when possible
- Organic brown eggs
- Use fresh ingredients not tins .
- Organic chia seeds or flax meal.
Hope you got the idea. Eat good , quality food and feed good quality food.