- Heat oil and crack few mustard seeds and methi seeds.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Add chopped cucumber. Remove skin if it’s too thick.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add some crushed raw peanuts. It will get cooked with cucumber. If you have roasted peanut , then add at the end when cucumber is all cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Makes a good side dish to go with roti.
For some time now, I see ppl carrying nice lunch bags to work and designs are so pretty. But I never bought one b/c it’s 1 more thing to carry even though I do take lunch most of the time. Finally I bought one. Isn’t it cute? It made fun to pack lunch. Sometimes just having nice bags, nice containers make a big difference. So what did I pack?
- Left over enchiladas in glass container so I can reheat in microwave.
- Small plastic container with salad. Some lettuce, chopped cucumber and radish.
- Small container of washed blackberries.
- 1 apple.
I showered off my new bag to colleagues. Come lunch time, 1 of the colleague asked if I would like to carry my new cool lunch bag to cafeteria and eat there. It was easy to walk with this bag now.
If you don’t have one, try it out and see if you also enjoy it. I bought mine at Tjmaxx and it was only 9.99.
One should never start with “I” when you are writing is what I had read long back. But today I was tempted to start with “I absolutely love 7 layer dip”. If you have read anything around spirituality, then you probably know one of the question “who am I?” We always say I did , I like , I love so who is that I? We don’t know but it’s always abt “I”. My teacher says : When “I” takes back seat, god comes fore front.
Here’s the recipe I used. I have yet to taste it but gotta wait. I will serve with organic blue corn chips to make it more exotic.
- Cook bulgur wheat according to pkg instructions. Basically boil with water just like rice.
- Cook your Chana masala or any of your fav bean curry.
- Eat the way you eat rice.
- Have some roasted vegetables or salad on side. I had roasted asparagus since they are in season right now.
- This will make a good lunch option to take to work too. Pack a side of salad too.
- Wholesome filling lunch and quick, fuss free.
- If you have left over bean curry then you can cook some bulgar in the morning too while tea, coffee is getting ready.
You know those days when you come back home from work hungry and you want something nice filling to eat… well today was that day for me. As I was driving back and thinking there’s really nothing nice at home to eat. Then I realized I have tomato salsa and chips.Then come home , looking into fridge I find black beans . Voila… got an idea.
- I like to keep home boiled black beans or pinto beans for quick meal. Home cooked beans taste good and they are plain so I can season them as needed.
- Mash some black beans. Add salt, cumin powder and mix.
- Add store bought Salsa as per your liking. If you don’t have Salsa, you can add chopped onion, tomatoes, green pepper , chili to black beans.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy with some chips in moderation. Yum !