It’s so easy to make stock but super easy in insta pot. 30 minutes on high pressure and let it naturally release. I use onion, carrot, celery, cilantro stems, mushrooms , broccoli stems. Adding a piece of ginger will be good but i forgot.
What to use stock for? You can use to cook rice ,quinoa, millet or in soup. I like to use for soup in winter time and soups are good for work lunch. Easy to eat and carry. You can also use to make roti, paratha dough when you are adding veggies or spices. Am not sure how plain roti dough using stock will turn out. But won’t hurt to try. It will add nutrition.
Reminder to self : Eat, drink little bitter flavor every day. Made some Karela chips.
Enjoy bitter flavor and listen to bitter words too happily. 😀
Cooking beans , lentils , dals is so easy and mess free with insta pot. Cooked mung dal for 15 minutes and then seasoned with spices on sauté mode.
Add big chunks of cauliflower, turn off insta pot and put lid on. Cauliflower will cook in steam, residual heat.
After 10 minutes garnish with cilantro leaves, add some lemon juice.
Have with quinoa, brown rice , jasmine rice. You can use your rice cooker for it and dinner will be ready in no time.
If you look around on social media or anywhere on net , everyone is reviewing a decade and posting pictures to glorify themselves. We all know life is a school and presents challenges, lessons to learn to all of us.
So if you have messed up life or any part of life , it’s ok. We all mess up things , make mistakes . Sit back, breathe , relax and ask God/universe to show you a way. There’s always a way to be happy, at peace. It might not be the way you like but who cares. Whatever works. Most imp is your willingness to make change.
My teacher always says birthday is your new year and not calendar new year. So Don’t let social media deceive you.
Have fun !
Picture is of “Dahi Puri chaat” I made . If you never had Indian chaat, you must try. It has all the flavors. You don’t need to go to India to have a taste of it in today’s world . So try it. If you like it, you can throw a chaat party. You can buy everything at Indian store and ppl will have fun putting it together, trying to put whole “puri” in a mouth.
Pasta cooked in butternut squash sauce in 10 minutes, vegan friendly, only 1 pot to clean, you can feed bunch of ppl , nutrients from butternut squash and taste so good. With all this advantages it’s a deal to grab for intelligent,smart ppl. Alright , I just tried my hands on to develop some marketing skill. Jokes apart, this dish is really good.
You can also make on stove top.
Here’s the link to recipe:
- Sautéed chopped red onion, garlic ,Italian seasoning in insta pot for 2 minutes in coconut oil.
- Add water or stock. Throw chopped butternut squash. I took time to peel, chop whole butternut squash using my new big knife.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes. Release manually. And mash squash.
- Add pasta, more water , spinach, salt.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes and release naturally.
- While it’s cooking soak some raw cashews in water. And then blend to purée.
- Open insta pot, put it on sauté mode and add cashew purée to make pasta creamy . You can also add some whole roasted cashews at the end to make it exotic.
- Sprinkle some crushed red pepper if you like spicy.
- Serve with additional cheese if you like or skip to keep it vegan.
- With a side of soup, makes a good ,fun meal
- Good for kid’s lunch.
- Do you know we need more vitamin A in winter? Butternut squash ,spinach will provide vitamin A.
- Use good quality pasta to make it more nutrient rich. I hardly eat pasta so just used regular ones.