Today is India’s Independence Day. Are we really independent? We are slaves of our habit. Can’t function without our morning tea, coffee what not. We need our so called healthy Indian food most of the days . Right ? Well, we can always break a habit.
In India , people complain that things are not available. So here’s the idea to make fusion Mexican salad bowl with the ingredients available in India.
- Whenever I cook beans , I freeze some for rainy days. Today I used small red beans known as chori in gujarat.
- Sauté some shredded red cabbage , carrot and add spices you like. Cook only 2-3 minutes so it retains crunchiness.
- Add spices you like to beans and mix with cabbage . I added garlic powder, cumin powder , salt.
- Add some chopped tomatoes, salsa if you have , green onions, colored peppers, cilantro, cucumber.
- Avocado is available at some places so add that if you have.
- Add yogurt and cheese .
- You can also add some quinoa or different kind of Millets are available in India. No rice , no wheat plz.
- Isn’t it easy to put together a nice big bowl of salad no matter where you live .
- And it’s pretty filling.
- Enjoy !
Hearing , reading lot abt how wheat had been genetically modified over the years and causing problems to lot of ppl. The only way to discover anything out is put into practice and see. Everyone is different and ppl with strong digestion should not have any problem with wheat. But most of our digestion due to our life style , age is compromised.
Let me confess that I didn’t eliminate wheat totally but I reduced consumption like 80-90%. I am used to having Indian roti made of wheat for dinner or lunch many days. It’s been few weeks and I don’t remember when I made it last. Have been making roti using pearl Millet Flour (Bajra), Buckwheat, corn flour. In picture, made Bajra rotla spread with little coconut oil, black eye peas curry and some salad. Kind of village food. Very earthen. Isn’t it?
Alright so did I see any difference? Tummy feels lighter most imp. And got little flatter tummy. I won’t go into weight loss because that’s relative.
If your diet is heavy on wheat and wheat products, all purpose flour, pasta , bread then try to give up for a month and see what it does to you.
I am planning to continue with my new diet for now. And eat wheat products just now and then and not everyday.
Have been under weather after travel. Season changing often brings sickness and I was worn out after travel. First I had dry cough which I cured with seaweed tea. But may be I overdid and then got producing cough which wasn’t going away. Finally it dawned to me to drink ginger tea. And I felt so much better and coughing reduced.
Ginger is widely used in home remedies. Ayurveda uses it too. Ginger is warming and helps with digestion, disperses heat in the body. If you have poor digestion, after meal drink this ginger tea. Little goes a long way when it comes to ginger so use it little.
Boil a cup of water and add few pieces of chopped ginger. Simmer 10 mins.
Sit back, relax and enjoy ginger tea. If your throat is hurting , add good quality honey.