Do you have fear of hike or just all kind of fears may be ? Fear not, hike. Hike is 1 of the way to get rid of few fears. Get few friends together and go hike a near by mountain. As I have been hiking for a while , few things I have learned . I have only done few miles long hikes and not those overnight ones or few days. So my suggestion is for few hrs /few miles hike.
- Most imp, being a woman I don’t hike 4-7 days during cycle.
- Right after cycle when I hiked , I was really really tired and I realized it’s b/c of low iron. Now I make sure I eat iron rich food during and right after cycle . That has helped big time. Cooked spinach, carrot juice , boiled beetroot, quinoa, avocado, chia seeds is what I eat.
- I learned that eating protein before hike helps. I try to eat boiled Kala Chana, quinoa , or any beans with quinoa. Boiled egg also good option.
- After hike, protein again. I take boiled peanuts and some acidic fruit for us to enjoy after hike.
- Few pictures from today’s hike. Always respect signs everywhere. They are there for a reason and for our own good.
There’s a Bollywood movie releasing named PadMan on Friday which is around periods and pads. As part of movie promotion and educating ppl , team is asking , tagging celebrities to post a picture with pad in hand. Am no celebrity and not tagged but I thought it was a good cause and so doing my part here.
Reason in India, still in many rural places women do not have access to sanitary pads or they might be too expensive for them. And they use tree leaves , old clothes and what not. So with this movie, ppl are distributing pads free, educating everyone abt periods and how pads are absolutely necessary.
I do not know abt other country but in India there’s still lot of misconception around periods. Like you don’t touch anything related to prayer items, and/or lot of other things. In olden times, women were doing lot of hard work like carrying pots of water from miles, going to some lake to wash clothes, work on a farm. And so it made sense to give them off for 4 days during period and let them rest.
Are things same now a days ? We are so brainwashed that if you don’t follow those things , one starts feeling guilty and will be under fear of bad things happening to them.
Whatever we follow , we should pose and think if it makes sense for us now instead of blindly following.
Do Share your views !
Sometimes it’s fun to look back and see how much we have grown in life. Age , size wise and what else.
I looked at all the pictures I had posted on fb since 2010 and seems that’s when I first had joined FB. I remember in those days that I had nothing to post and everyone was posting their vacation pictures which I had none at that time. But I wanted to make my space on fb and didn’t want to be just silent observer or just share materials and quotes that goes around . My fb Wall should be abt me and can’t be all just shares.
Of course I made my fb space fun for me and lot of friends have told me they love the pictures I post and they get inspired . Since justlunchideas happened , have shared lot of things here too.
I do have 1 complain though that I hardly receive comments, like here and so don’t know if I have good reader base here. Oh well… I enjoy writing my thoughts here .
So , what did I find on my fb timeline that I myself enjoyed ?
- Experiencing China, climbing Great Wall of China , Yoga at Mount Everest base camp Tibet.
- Learning Ayurveda , sharing yoga and Ayurveda not only around USA , but in India and Canada .
- Justlunchideas happened and can’t believe it’s been 5 years.
- Reconnecting with school and college friends and exploring with them.
- Learned to hike and drive to mountain by myself. Sometimes gps don’t work in mountains .
- Dubai safari to visited 5000 year old temples in south India.
- Sky diving .
- Most recent Africa trip. Safari to Victoria fall to Cape Town.
These are just the big items but looking back made me happy. Our life should consist of what makes us happy.
Picture is of me at Great Wall of China and doing sun salutation at mt Everest base camp.
It’s snowing here today and so get to work from home. It looks very pretty outside and saw birds flying around. I do not have any fancy camera but cannon point and shoot with good zoom which I had bought for my African safari.
Tried with just that camera and it’s hard to capture them. So what I learned is that bird photography needs patience and concentration. It was fun to capture birds . My back started hurting , I had to hold my breath so that my hand stays steady what not.
Try it out and see what you learn.
If anyone of my Indian friends reading who are Yash chopra fans, go out and take picture Yash Chopra style.