Hike and picnic happens few times a year with my yoga group. Someone suggested we start bringing our own plates , spoons etc. and we have been doing that now . Of course the goal is to reduce paper products but some ppl will end up bringing paper products. It’s ok. I take steel plate so that won’t have to worry abt breaking it. We just started and ppl learn. As we start to improve , make changes it’s important not to kill ourself over it . Killing ourself over saving earth , climate won’t do any good either .
Be reasonable and enjoy the process. Do what you can, use when it’s needed . Like Mahatma Gandhi said “There’s enough on earth for everyone, but not for greed “. It applies to everything in life . Take what you need and everything will be ok.
Pictures are from Stone Mountain, NC hike we did. It was a cold day but we had planned it a month ago and we stuck to our plan and everything turned out fine and everyone enjoyed.
Last evening we had Diwali celebration in my company and I did India table. Sharing here what I did if anyone has something similar going and would like to present a country.
The way I thought is if someone comes to see table , what can they take back and what unique things India has to offer to world. Here’s presenting India the way I see it.
- Yoga pictures frame I have at home that I took with me. People really don’t know what yoga is . So I added a card “Yoga meaning Unity”. People were surprised when they realized its me only in pictures.
- I had yoga , mediation and mantra and Ayurveda books.
- Made a collage poster from my recent India trip with pictures of Taj Mahal, Golden temple, Chardham walks, Beautiful temples . Kind of India tour if anyone likes to visit India. Few ppl told me they would like to go see Taj Mahal and I gave information on how easy to get there from Delhi and they can stop by Mathura , Vrindavan and visit temples too.
- Few handicraft things I had at home. Jewelry, bangles , bindi.
- Peacock with card that it’s India’s national bird and even some Indian ppl didn’t know that. (Plz buy peacock feathers only if you really need it because peacocks are hunted just For feathers)
- Last but not the least Gandhi’s little statue with card Non-violence and Truth. That’s what Gandhi stood for and it’s relevant even today.
- Over all ppl liked it and they even took the pictures.
- Have you showcased your unique culture ?
Do you wait for perfect time for every thing ? We all do but if that’s all the time and you are not growing in life and “you want to grow in life ” , start questioning yourself . If you don’t want to do anything, then that’s fine . Skip reading further.
I bought this nice new pot and have been wanting to make poha in it but I kept saying not now few times . Today I got pissed off at myself only and just made it . Come on , it’s just poha and I don’t need good “Muhurat ” for it. Whenever the opportunity comes, it’s perfect time. You may , may not get opportunity again. Stop overthinking and just do it. That yoga class , hike , art class , gym , music whatever you have been eyeing just try it out for a day , 1 class , 1 hr , 1 day or just 1 breath at a time.
“Now” is the perfect time to start living .
Technically today is Sharad Purnima and it’s been raining all day . Of course no moon darshan today but last night it was beautiful and I even took picture.
Today since it’s already cold , skipped dudh poha but pakora, Bhajia is perfect on rainy day , isn’t it ?
As we practice our beliefs , whatever we enjoy it’s important to be practical and ponder over the real meaning of it. Blindly doing something years and years won’t get you anywhere, will it ?
Brain exercise I saw on TV. Clasp your fingers and then open only 1 at a time .If you can’t open any finger, relax your fingers . Breathe and as your breath out , try to open finger slowly.