Mediation meaning silent observation. If you are interested in starting practice , here’s some steps, tips.
- Fix a time . Morning , evening whatever it is fix it and stick to it.
- Decide duration . 5, 10 , 20 , 30 minutes. Whatever it is. There’s no right or wrong.
- Decide days . Once a week or everyday .
- Decide place where you will sit down.
- Get a pillow like shown in picture and make a triangle. It will take pressure off from back and you will be able to sit comfortably.
- Hands/fingers in Gyan Mudra.
- No need of timer , just sit down with eyes closed and observe . When you are done , you are done .
- You can just observe your breath and count breath from 5 to 1 in the beginning of practice .
- You can fast or take a laxative before starting practice.
- Your birthday or that date in any month is a good time to start.
- This post is result of mediation.
Just threw some seeds and 2 months later , this is what I get to see . Seeds are from dollar tree 25cents for a package and it produces plenty.
What seeds you have thrown ? Sometimes ppl wait for fruits , flowers in life and don’t realize they never threw any seeds for it.
Today’s post idea came from a cousin who has his own tailoring business and today was 28th anniversary. I was telling him to start teaching once a week at a community place and earn good karma.
Vedas has laid down 4 stages also know as ashrams of life which is relevant even in today’s world and tells us how to live life .
- Brahamcharyashram – 0 to 24 age. This time is the student life where you learn and learn and learn.
- Grihsthashram – 24 to 48 . This time you start earning , start family , raise kids.
- Vanaprasthashram – 48 to 72. This time you start second career in today’s term. Like you can start teaching what you worked on in 2nd stage . If you were housewife then you start showing , advising like cooking to next generation. Or something that was your dream, start working on it. Slowly let go of 2nd stage work.
- Sannyasa- 72 to end – continue 3rd stage and live simple life .
As ppl reach near to 50, start questioning what’s next ? Start planning your next career , inning that you can count on for another 20-30 years . You may make less money but something you enjoy and have fun with it . I have been thinking too.
Hope this helps !
If you are thinking I got this nice mango from Indian store , wrong . I don’t like to rush around stores looking for some nonsense . I had gone to near by store for milk and grocery last week . That’s when I saw mangoes that looked so good. Different than what I would generally see. Left it on counter to ripe and mango indeed turned out really good.
Be creative and use what you have at home . Keep your eyes open when finally you do go too the store. You might find some diamonds.
Mahabharata is an epic story from India. In 80’s we had a very good show on it. Title song is very good and I thought some of you might enjoy it even though you may not understand the language. Give it a shot. It is 2-3 mins only.