If you keep cooked black beans or pinto beans in freezer , this makes a quick lunch.
- Season beans with salt, pepper , crushed pepper .
- Top with lettuce , tomatoes, onion, cucumber ,cilantro, black olives , salsa.
- Some avocado , cheese , sour cream or yogurt .
- Serve with few chips on the side.
Millet Poha is flattened millet. You just wash it with water and mix with your cooked vegetables. I made it Indian way with potatoes and peanuts.
Roasted Asparagus on the side . Eating some lightly cooked vegetables everyday helps system stay clean.
You don’t want to be in a state where only input and no output . You know what am taking abt, right?
Millet with vegetables makes a good lunch in no time and with insta pot it’s super easy.
- Sauté onion, garlic , ginger and any spices you like . You can throw some tomatoes too.
- Add millet and you can also add split dry peas or split chick peas. I added split mung dal. You can add some cooked chickpeas or black beans too.
- Add frozen veggies like green beans , carrots , peas etc.
- Add water and cook for 12 minutes.
- Natural release and that’s it. Lunch ready.
Left over from Chinese restaurant makes another good meal. This restaurant I went to has huge portion and I tend to finish all vegetables from dish. Left over noodles I brought home.
- Sauté fresh veggies like zucchini , colored peppers , carrot, snow peas, tofu whatever you have and you like.
- Add left over veggies and another good Chinese meal in no time.
- I had added some of the chili oil, hot sauce from restaurant in left over so no need to look for sauces either .
- Do you know how to eat with chopsticks? If not , learn it. It’s fun and learning new things is good for brain at any age.
- When I was going to China , I learned it and i was so thankful because very first night we went out to eat in Beijing they had only chopsticks.
Got this idea from One of the Chinese restaurant I like. They have more vegetables than noodles and all vegetables have a nice crunch to it. Also lot of different kind of vegetables. I tried to recreate it and it came out very well.
Use 3/4th veggies and 1/4 portion noodles. I added zucchini, carrots , Broccoli ,Tofu, Mushroom, red onion, green onion. Snow peas , water chestnuts, baby corns will be good addition.
I buy Raw peanuts and roast them in oven for 15-20 mins. It will add a nice crunch and taste so much better and fresh. I am not giving any recipe because I just add what I have. I am not too picky.
Serve with a slice of orange. When you use good , fresh, quality ingredients , everything taste good .
Try it out . No need to eat same food everyday and no need to feed same food every day. Meal times should be fun for everyone.