Millet with vegetables makes a good lunch in no time and with insta pot it’s super easy.
- Sauté onion, garlic , ginger and any spices you like . You can throw some tomatoes too.
- Add millet and you can also add split dry peas or split chick peas. I added split mung dal. You can add some cooked chickpeas or black beans too.
- Add frozen veggies like green beans , carrots , peas etc.
- Add water and cook for 12 minutes.
- Natural release and that’s it. Lunch ready.
Left over from Chinese restaurant makes another good meal. This restaurant I went to has huge portion and I tend to finish all vegetables from dish. Left over noodles I brought home.
- Sauté fresh veggies like zucchini , colored peppers , carrot, snow peas, tofu whatever you have and you like.
- Add left over veggies and another good Chinese meal in no time.
- I had added some of the chili oil, hot sauce from restaurant in left over so no need to look for sauces either .
- Do you know how to eat with chopsticks? If not , learn it. It’s fun and learning new things is good for brain at any age.
- When I was going to China , I learned it and i was so thankful because very first night we went out to eat in Beijing they had only chopsticks.
Got this idea from One of the Chinese restaurant I like. They have more vegetables than noodles and all vegetables have a nice crunch to it. Also lot of different kind of vegetables. I tried to recreate it and it came out very well.
Use 3/4th veggies and 1/4 portion noodles. I added zucchini, carrots , Broccoli ,Tofu, Mushroom, red onion, green onion. Snow peas , water chestnuts, baby corns will be good addition.
I buy Raw peanuts and roast them in oven for 15-20 mins. It will add a nice crunch and taste so much better and fresh. I am not giving any recipe because I just add what I have. I am not too picky.
Serve with a slice of orange. When you use good , fresh, quality ingredients , everything taste good .
Try it out . No need to eat same food everyday and no need to feed same food every day. Meal times should be fun for everyone.
Dhanshak and insta pot seems to be match made in heaven . It really cooks in 1 pot and 1 shot. Check my previous dhanshak post; Parsi Dhanshak
Today I made jasmin rice to go with it. Sprinkled some flax seed meal on top after plating .
Left over is good for work lunch with some boiled quinoa.