Karela spree is still going on. I never had this many Karelas in my whole life. But I am enjoying them. A friend gave me some home grown nice tender karelas and so i made them again and since they were small, perfect for stuff recipe.
I steamed them little bit after removing seeds from inside. Stuffing I made different way. It was kind of powder and so quick to make it.
- Powder some dalia in coffee grinder and take them in a bowl.
- Add some dry coconut powder.
- Add dry spices you like and salt.
- Stuff Karela with stuffing and I pan fried them in little mustard oil.
- Yum. Easy breezy side dish.
Where do I start? Karela and yummy seems strange but this is really yummy. I don’t like something so bitter but I do enjoy hint of bitterness. Even in life , your words if they have a hint of bitter I can enjoy but not something totally bitter for absolutely no reason. But bitter has anti viral, anti bacterial property too so very bitter is needed in those cases.
There are so many different variations of stuffed Karela online so pick the way you like. Mostly everyone uses some besan to stuff Karela. This is how I made it and they turned out the way I like it: hint of bitterness and good stuff stuffed inside .
- Take tender Indian Karela . Scrape the surface , put a slit on skin and remove inside seeds and clean it. Take scrapes and tender white seeds and add some salt. Let it sit for an hr and the squeeze water out from it . That will remove bitterness also.
- Steam Karela for 4-5 mins depending on size. Be careful and do not overdo it. Underdone is better than overdone.
- Heat coconut oil and crack cumin seeds . Add pinch of hing if you have it. Also some fennel seeds.
- Add scrape and seeds. Sauté for a min or two.
- Add chickpea flour and roast it properly. Add more oil if needed.
- Add turmeric, chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt. I added chat masala too.
- Let the mixture cool down and then add some dry coconut powder. You can add sesame seeds or powder too.
- Stuff the Karelas , tie them with cooking thread .
- Heat coconut oil in a nonstick pan and cook karelas turning all sides.
- Time to taste. Lovely.
- Share with everyone around you.
Hakka noodles is very popular in India and it’s a kind of indo-Chinese dish. I didn’t follow indo-Chinese recipe where vegetables are cut fine and I think schezwan sauce , ketchup is used . I did use Hakka noodles which I bought at Indian store. Google for indo -Chinese recipe. You will find many.
I just added lot of veggies , soya sauce and chili garlic sauce. And some avocado on the side.
Makes a good filling dish with lots of vegetables and they are lighted sautéed.
This is just another moringo idea and it tasted good. You can cook same way you cook methi with potatoes. Next time I wil cook with chickpeas. Moringo is rich in protein so will be good with another protein source instead of potatoes. I must admit I love potatoes.
You can also sauté moringo just like you would do spinach. Little olive oil , garlic and lemon juice. I think it will taste good.
Everyone knows kale is kind of super green full of nutrition. But you have to find a good way to eat it. I like to throw it in dal. Kale is hard to digest so I prefer it cooked . Found a good recipe to make a stir fry. Not much spice, very simple and tasted really good. Here’s the link:
Only change I made was I cooked in coconut oil so no extra coconut to garnish. Do try. Kale is so cheap and available so easily. Goes well with roti and side of some soupy dal like sambhar.