This is just another moringo idea and it tasted good. You can cook same way you cook methi with potatoes. Next time I wil cook with chickpeas. Moringo is rich in protein so will be good with another protein source instead of potatoes. I must admit I love potatoes.
You can also sauté moringo just like you would do spinach. Little olive oil , garlic and lemon juice. I think it will taste good.
Everyone knows kale is kind of super green full of nutrition. But you have to find a good way to eat it. I like to throw it in dal. Kale is hard to digest so I prefer it cooked . Found a good recipe to make a stir fry. Not much spice, very simple and tasted really good. Here’s the link:
Only change I made was I cooked in coconut oil so no extra coconut to garnish. Do try. Kale is so cheap and available so easily. Goes well with roti and side of some soupy dal like sambhar.
Onion and garlic less vegetable curries are called Jain if I am right. This is a very very simple dish to make and it tasted great. Recipe source:
Here’s the steps:
- Chop a tomatoe and blend with few cashews , ginger and green chili.
- Heat oil, crack cumin seeds,pinch of hing.
- Add blended tomatoe mix , red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.Cook until oil seperates.
- Add sliced mushrooms and corn. Add some water, cover and cook until mushrooms are cooked. I used Bella mushroom. Button mushrooms release too much water.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Told you it’s so easy to make .
- Mushrooms have lot of health benefits and so I try to add them in fried rice and makes curry sometimes .
- Enjoy !
Who doesn’t love potatoes ? And still we all try to avoid potatoes. If your diet is heavy on potatoes and rice … hmm you know it all. Once in a while it’s ok to have your favorite potatoe curry. I don’t add potatoes to okra, tindora or any subji. We all grew up eating potatoes in every subji but remember it was because cooks tried to save money on vegetables and so buy little vegetables and add potatoes so you can feed more mouths. But now that’s not the case and plenty of vegetables are available and most of the ppl can afford . If you have to save money, save somewhere else not on eating fresh vegetables and fruits. Remember health is wealth. Here’s how I made this curry.
- Heat oil and crack mustard seeds and cumin seeds
- Add fresh chopped tomatoes and cook.
- Add ginger , garlic and all dry spices.
- Add chopped boiled potatoes , salt and mix well.
- Add some water and let it boil.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Have it with roti and of course side of a salad .
Are you the kind of adult who has to drink milk every day? Do you know what all kind of dairy products you eat everyday not realizing it’s after all dairy? All that butter , cheese , ghee ladden sweets, paneer etc etc. Hope you got the idea. Then try to go vegan for a week and see how you feel just for an experiment. Be your own judge and don’t cheat yourself. Be honest to self. Well, I thought of doing it myself but I hardly eat dairy. Only half cup milk as part of tea.
Am not paneer or dairy fan so my palak paneer always is without paneer. Everyone knows to throw chickpeas in it but Lima beans tasted really good. Here’s my simple vegan recipe.
- Heat peanut , coconut or olive oil and crack few cumin seeds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
- Add your spices and sauté for few seconds.
- Add fresh cooked spinach purée. I used fresh spinach bunch .
- Add cooked Lima beans and simmer on medium heat for few minutes.
- Simple , isn’t it? Tasted really good.
- If you are trying to diet, add more water and make it more soupy.