Do you consider yourself visitor on earth? I do and so interested in everything earth has to offer. We are so busy complaining, crying abt stupid thugs that we forget to enjoy. Miracles are all around us. I just got up to switch off stove and glanced outside thro’ glass door and was taken back seeing pretty sky that I quickly went out to take pictures even though it was cold and stood there just amazed.
Thought of compiling few of the sunset pictures I have .
Starting with sunset view just from home.
Ottawa , Canada
Next 2 at Dandi , India where Mahatma Gandhi did salt March.
Livingston’s, Zambia over Zambezi river.
Cape Town, South Africa.
Sometimes it’s fun to look back and see how much we have grown in life. Age , size wise and what else.
I looked at all the pictures I had posted on fb since 2010 and seems that’s when I first had joined FB. I remember in those days that I had nothing to post and everyone was posting their vacation pictures which I had none at that time. But I wanted to make my space on fb and didn’t want to be just silent observer or just share materials and quotes that goes around . My fb Wall should be abt me and can’t be all just shares.
Of course I made my fb space fun for me and lot of friends have told me they love the pictures I post and they get inspired . Since justlunchideas happened , have shared lot of things here too.
I do have 1 complain though that I hardly receive comments, like here and so don’t know if I have good reader base here. Oh well… I enjoy writing my thoughts here .
So , what did I find on my fb timeline that I myself enjoyed ?
- Experiencing China, climbing Great Wall of China , Yoga at Mount Everest base camp Tibet.
- Learning Ayurveda , sharing yoga and Ayurveda not only around USA , but in India and Canada .
- Justlunchideas happened and can’t believe it’s been 5 years.
- Reconnecting with school and college friends and exploring with them.
- Learned to hike and drive to mountain by myself. Sometimes gps don’t work in mountains .
- Dubai safari to visited 5000 year old temples in south India.
- Sky diving .
- Most recent Africa trip. Safari to Victoria fall to Cape Town.
These are just the big items but looking back made me happy. Our life should consist of what makes us happy.
Picture is of me at Great Wall of China and doing sun salutation at mt Everest base camp.
I have been going through these 10 blogs from few days and enjoying reading them. It was nice to see these Indian women traveling solo and having fun. Have you travelled solo? Or have done anything that just opened more doors in your life ? Have read that life happens outside comfort zone but I do believe you have to be comfortable in doing what you are doing. I have done lot of things outside my comfort zone because I wanted to do them and then I work towards it 1 step at a time. Whatever we want to do , we have to work towards it by taking simple steps first.
Enough of my rant, just wanted to share these amazing travel blogs and may be you will get inspired to travel or to take a solo trip.
Picture is of Milo, Mona and me from the walk with lions at Livingston, Zambia. Walk of life that I loved so much. Alright , now I can give some tips from my safari experience.
- First most important lesson: Bags didn’t come and we had to live off hand bag for a week. So make sure you have things needed in carry on bag. Medicines, clothes , winter wear, safari hat, women stuff etc etc. When we finally got bag, some stuff was stolen. Even carry on bag , lock it b/c sometime last moment they take your bag.
- We went in July and so it’s winter there. Morning and evening are cold and even in day time you need full sleeve and if u r like me who is always cold , keep jacket sweater , scarves, gloves everything with you all the time .
- On the game drives, early mornings are cold, windy so protect yourself well.1 of the game drive was so bad towards end that my nose started bleeding.
- If you have motion sickness , be careful and be prepared. Safari roads can be bumpy .
- Mosquitos will be there at some places so we took some bracelets we found on amazon.
- Always drink bottle water and use bottle water to even rinse mouth.
- Take some basic medicine, herbs that you regularly use at home just in case .
- Take a camera with good zoom if you want to take good animal pictures. I had bought new camera with good zoom and got beautiful pictures that everyone who sees is impressed.And am able to print and frame it to use as wall decode.
End of the day, it’s the same precautions you take on any travel. Safaris are fun and if you want to go on one , start planning. If anyone needs our travel agent , ask. Our travel agent kept an eye on our flights and stayed in touch with us for all 3 weeks and gave us some good local suggestions too.
Hope this helps .