I have been going through these 10 blogs from few days and enjoying reading them. It was nice to see these Indian women traveling solo and having fun. Have you travelled solo? Or have done anything that just opened more doors in your life ? Have read that life happens outside comfort zone but I do believe you have to be comfortable in doing what you are doing. I have done lot of things outside my comfort zone because I wanted to do them and then I work towards it 1 step at a time. Whatever we want to do , we have to work towards it by taking simple steps first.
Enough of my rant, just wanted to share these amazing travel blogs and may be you will get inspired to travel or to take a solo trip.
Picture is of Milo, Mona and me from the walk with lions at Livingston, Zambia. Walk of life that I loved so much. Alright , now I can give some tips from my safari experience.
- First most important lesson: Bags didn’t come and we had to live off hand bag for a week. So make sure you have things needed in carry on bag. Medicines, clothes , winter wear, safari hat, women stuff etc etc. When we finally got bag, some stuff was stolen. Even carry on bag , lock it b/c sometime last moment they take your bag.
- We went in July and so it’s winter there. Morning and evening are cold and even in day time you need full sleeve and if u r like me who is always cold , keep jacket sweater , scarves, gloves everything with you all the time .
- On the game drives, early mornings are cold, windy so protect yourself well.1 of the game drive was so bad towards end that my nose started bleeding.
- If you have motion sickness , be careful and be prepared. Safari roads can be bumpy .
- Mosquitos will be there at some places so we took some bracelets we found on amazon.
- Always drink bottle water and use bottle water to even rinse mouth.
- Take some basic medicine, herbs that you regularly use at home just in case .
- Take a camera with good zoom if you want to take good animal pictures. I had bought new camera with good zoom and got beautiful pictures that everyone who sees is impressed.And am able to print and frame it to use as wall decode.
End of the day, it’s the same precautions you take on any travel. Safaris are fun and if you want to go on one , start planning. If anyone needs our travel agent , ask. Our travel agent kept an eye on our flights and stayed in touch with us for all 3 weeks and gave us some good local suggestions too.
Hope this helps .
Hello readers, it’s been a while since I posted here . Travelled to Africa recently with yoga friends and it was amazing. Wanted to share what we did in short so anyone planning get some idea. Or you may get inspired and decide to explore .
We went to Nairobi,Kenya first and visited equator, did Masai Mara safari, did balloon safari there .
Then Victoria fall , Zambia and Zimbabwe side . There are lot of adventure activities there. We did zipline and micro light over Victoria fall which was amazing. Also hiked boiling point and 16 points on Zimbabwe side. Victoria fall is 1 of 7 wonder.
Then we headed to Cape Town , South Africa . Cape Town is pretty and view at cape point is too beautiful. We hiked table mountain and we don’t know how we did it.
Then we went to Kruger for another safari. Kruger we felt is more commercial and good for older people since roads are good. Masai Mara is more authentic and roads are bumpy. People get motion sickness.
We returned from Jo’berg.
So, it was lot of adventure, fun. Being vegetarian, food was no where an issue. Plenty of food we could eat. There are lot of things we did that I feel would be hard to do in old age . Hiking, zipline , micro light all that is good while you are young. So travel while you are in good health and take care of body so you can do things in life . Old age also you can travel and still do things just that you got to learn what you can do and still have fun.
Enjoy few pictures from safari !
PS: Appreciate when you comment, like. Only way I know you all are reading , enjoying, putting something into practice.
Came across this website A boy who travels which I enjoyed very much and so of course had to share here. Do check it out. It has nice tips , stories of traveling without any plan and how things fall in place. It has very nice pictures too.
Other thing I came across is kheer Ganga trek which looks so good.
Kheer Ganga Trek
Now in India also, lot of places to go hike , trek over the weekend and I see people doing it. I even saw girls only trek. It was nice to see all girls actually going on treks. So many opportunities now a days and so many options .If you still haven’t started venturing out , time to start looking .
I don’t know abt you all, but I do get inspired.
Enjoy ! (Come back and share your story)