Steamed orange is a Chinese remedy for cough google says. It tasted so good that you can eat any day. Try if it appeals to you. Here’s how you do it.
- Soak orange in salted water for 15 mins and then rinse.
- Cut the top little bit.
- Scrape surface little bit and sprinkle salt. Try to push salt in. Be careful with salt else it will become to salty.
- Put the top back and steam for 15-20 mins.
- Let it cool little bit and remove skin. Take the pulp and mix that water from the bowl.
- Nice hot bowl of orange and it looks to pretty.
- I think adding little ginger before steaming and some honey after it’s steamed will make it very tasty dessert.
- Try it out with that orange sitting on the counter.
- Enjoy !
Saw this nacho idea on recipe blog but not able to find where. Will update with link if I find it. Always give credit to where it belongs.
Key point here was to melt cheese in oven and so it tastes so good, nice warm . Here’s how I made it:
- Used blue corn organic chips. Line a tray with parchment paper and spread chips.
- Top it with home cooked , seasoned black beans.
- Sprinkle Mexican or cheddar cheese and put in oven. I just did quick broil until cheese melted.
- Now fun part of topping. I added chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, green onion , cucumber , avocado,cilantro.
- Eat while still hot.
- It will be gone in no time. You might will have to make another batch.
- Again use good quality , fresh ingredients.
- Tip: I grow green onion since they are super easy. When you buy at grocery store , plant one bottom . They will grow new shoots. They are so useful to garnish here and there. I just pick from garden when needed.
Pomegranate has been so much in news lately for it’s health benefits. Did you start eating them? If not , start it now. It’s good for heart health and symbolic for fertility. With so many tiny seeds inside a fruit and they are so fertile no wonder. Plant some and you will know. In India, it is advised to ppl suffering from diarrhea.
If you have Aldi store near by , they have them on sale in fall. It was 69cents this week near my store and they were all gone in 2 days. Indian stores also carry them. When pomegranate is good for your liking , plant some seeds.
How to eat them ? You can eat them just like that . Throw on some salad or chat or whatever you are eating . It will look exotic and is really good when you have party. It will make everything look exotic and your heart will be happy.
Do you taste bitter flavor every day? We should have all flavors everyday for all body to functions to happen. Bitter has drying and firming effect. Bitter gourd chips is yummy way to have little bitter in. There are lots of recipes out there. Here’s how I made it:
- Wash and trim top, bottom of bitter gourd. Scrape the surface little bit if it’s hard. Try to pick tender bitter gourds.
- Slice them thin using mendoline. If there’s any red seeds , remove it.
- Make a mixture with rice flour , chickpea flour, red chili powder, turmeric, chat masala and salt.
- Sprinkle over chips and sprinkle just a little water.
- Deep fry them.
- Nice yummy due to chat masala and of course its nicely bitter .
- Well, we just need to eat few .
- I also bought a ready made pack at Indian store and they were really good with just a hint of bitterness but of course more greasy. Home made is more bitter.
- As we enjoy bitter flavor, we also need to learn to enjoy bitter words.
Summer is here and so does watermelon. If you have never tried watermelon Indian way, then this is for you. Sprinkle some salt and roasted cumin powder on it. It’s good after hike or on a hot day when you sweat so much and so losing salt . Good way to hydrate yourself. People who work outside on hot days will also benefit from this.