Am sure I have posted this but reminder again . It’s Date nut laddus. Very easy to make and gives some energy when you are exhausted or just some fun snack .
You can modify the recipe and add whatever you like. Here’s how I make it.
- Buy pitted dates and run them through food processor.
- Add coconut oil, chopped nuts, cardamom powder and make small balls.
- Cover with dry coconut powder.
- You can also add some pumpkin seeds, raisins, dry figs , cherries, prunes , cocoa powder. Add what you like and what you have.
- Pack for your next hike.
- When I shared this laddus with my hiking group on a hike , they gave me A++ and said I should open restaurant. They loved cardamom in it.
Anyone who has gone, going to school, work knows that you are hungry when u get home. Dhokla is so easy to make if you have prepared batter in advance . It’s steamed and you can eat plain with little food quality oil or with chutney or season it. It is also light on tummy.
I make with rice , Urad dal and 1 tbsp Chana dal which gives good taste .
Surprise 1 day your family with nice hot snack.
Too many things on your plate ??? And you are exhausted? Time to simplify things. Stop the obsession of …. fill in the gap for yourself . Few days back , a friend asked me on fb , when do you go to work and actually do the work? Ha .. Ha . Reason am always posting the fun things I do.
Well, I spend time doing things that’s fun for me. There are things we have to do but then there are things you can let go, hire ppl to do , spend little extra money. And most imp simplify things.
Samosa chat is simplified here. We all Indians know how chat needs so many things. Well, I had left over Chana masala. Went to Indian store in lunch time for grocery. So picked up freshly made samosas. They came with green and sweet chutney. You got the point , didn’t you?
Come home , assemble everything together . Put some yogurt, chopped onion, tomatoes , cilantro. And voila fun lunch for Friday ready in 5 mins.
That’s how you simplify life. Now I have time to go back to my work and even post this .
Steamed orange is a Chinese remedy for cough google says. It tasted so good that you can eat any day. Try if it appeals to you. Here’s how you do it.
- Soak orange in salted water for 15 mins and then rinse.
- Cut the top little bit.
- Scrape surface little bit and sprinkle salt. Try to push salt in. Be careful with salt else it will become to salty.
- Put the top back and steam for 15-20 mins.
- Let it cool little bit and remove skin. Take the pulp and mix that water from the bowl.
- Nice hot bowl of orange and it looks to pretty.
- I think adding little ginger before steaming and some honey after it’s steamed will make it very tasty dessert.
- Try it out with that orange sitting on the counter.
- Enjoy !
Saw this nacho idea on recipe blog but not able to find where. Will update with link if I find it. Always give credit to where it belongs.
Key point here was to melt cheese in oven and so it tastes so good, nice warm . Here’s how I made it:
- Used blue corn organic chips. Line a tray with parchment paper and spread chips.
- Top it with home cooked , seasoned black beans.
- Sprinkle Mexican or cheddar cheese and put in oven. I just did quick broil until cheese melted.
- Now fun part of topping. I added chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, green onion , cucumber , avocado,cilantro.
- Eat while still hot.
- It will be gone in no time. You might will have to make another batch.
- Again use good quality , fresh ingredients.
- Tip: I grow green onion since they are super easy. When you buy at grocery store , plant one bottom . They will grow new shoots. They are so useful to garnish here and there. I just pick from garden when needed.