One should never start with “I” when you are writing is what I had read long back. But today I was tempted to start with “I absolutely love 7 layer dip”. If you have read anything around spirituality, then you probably know one of the question “who am I?” We always say I did , I like , I love so who is that I? We don’t know but it’s always abt “I”. My teacher says : When “I” takes back seat, god comes fore front.
Here’s the recipe I used. I have yet to taste it but gotta wait. I will serve with organic blue corn chips to make it more exotic.
You know those days when you come back home from work hungry and you want something nice filling to eat… well today was that day for me. As I was driving back and thinking there’s really nothing nice at home to eat. Then I realized I have tomato salsa and chips.Then come home , looking into fridge I find black beans . Voila… got an idea.
- I like to keep home boiled black beans or pinto beans for quick meal. Home cooked beans taste good and they are plain so I can season them as needed.
- Mash some black beans. Add salt, cumin powder and mix.
- Add store bought Salsa as per your liking. If you don’t have Salsa, you can add chopped onion, tomatoes, green pepper , chili to black beans.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy with some chips in moderation. Yum !
Are you a peanut lover ? Me too. It’s a good snack on the go, good protein and keeps you full for a long time. Spicy peanuts are so easy to make that I guess we don’t bother to make it. Outside they are so expensive that I never buy thinking it’s rediculous to spend that money when I can add some chili powder at home. Well, Finally I made at home.
- Used raw peanuts that I buy at Indian store. Heat just a little peanut oil, throw raw peanuts and roast for 4-5 mins.
- Mix chili powder, garlic powder and salt on the side .
- Sprinkle spice mix on peanuts and roast for a min more.
- Taste to see if it’s crunchy without burning your tongue.
- Now share and just don’t finish all by yourself like me.
Indian jamuns are available in frozen section here now and they taste reasonabley good. They have been in news in India for all its health benefits. Thaw them first and then eat.
Happy 2017 everyone ! Make it happy and fun .
Made pinwheels for our new year get together. Recipe here:
This is just for the party and we all eat pretty healthy stuff, go for hiking , do yoga , meditation. We enjoy all food in moderation.