Too many things on your plate ??? And you are exhausted? Time to simplify things. Stop the obsession of …. fill in the gap for yourself . Few days back , a friend asked me on fb , when do you go to work and actually do the work? Ha .. Ha . Reason am always posting the fun things I do.
Well, I spend time doing things that’s fun for me. There are things we have to do but then there are things you can let go, hire ppl to do , spend little extra money. And most imp simplify things.
Samosa chat is simplified here. We all Indians know how chat needs so many things. Well, I had left over Chana masala. Went to Indian store in lunch time for grocery. So picked up freshly made samosas. They came with green and sweet chutney. You got the point , didn’t you?
Come home , assemble everything together . Put some yogurt, chopped onion, tomatoes , cilantro. And voila fun lunch for Friday ready in 5 mins.
That’s how you simplify life. Now I have time to go back to my work and even post this .
Why would anyone will want to eat bitter gourd ? You might think. There are 6 tastes and we should experience each taste everyday. Bitter most of the ppl don’t eat. Body needs all 6 taste to function properly. If you are not a fan of bitter , try little bit for a month and see if you develop a taste for it. I wasn’t a fan before but now I enjoy it and even crave .
Bitter gourd chips baked in oven tasted good. Very less oil needed. Here’s how I made it.
- Used Indian bitter gourd since they are nicely bitter . Wash and slice using mandolin.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder , salt and chat masala which gives a nice flavour. Add little coconut or sesame oil. And mix everything well.
- Oil a foil paper and spread chips in a single layer.
- Bake at 375f for around 15 minutes and broil for few minutes. Time will vary depending on your oven.
- Enjoy as a side dish.
- Let kids try too but don’t force it. Tell them just to taste.
Are you into hiking or running and would like to feel little better , more energetic? Well, try beetroot. There’s some research also done on it.
My personal experience is when I eat beetroot night before hike , I do little better. I just boil beetroot , sprinkle some salt and lemon juice and eat it like a salad on the side .
Try it yourself and see if you feel better . There’s nothing to lose here.
Broccoli is very handy when you want a healthy, quick side dish or healthy ingredient to throw in something . It has good fiber which you will realize next day and is nutritious too. I like to steam some as a side dish to go with Bataka poha too.
This curry goes well with roti and it’s so quick to make . Here’s the simple , efficient way to make. And eat it right away.
- Heat a tsp of oil. While oil is heating , chop tomatoes roughly.
- Add cumin seeds to oil. Once they crack, add tomatoes and cook.
- Now start cleaning broccoli florets .
- Add dry spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add broccoli florets , salt and mix. Add little water.
- Cover and cook for 2 -3 minutes. You want to cook broccoli just right.
- Serve with roti , paratha .
- It’s easy to eat good , yummy food and it’s quick too.
Saw this nacho idea on recipe blog but not able to find where. Will update with link if I find it. Always give credit to where it belongs.
Key point here was to melt cheese in oven and so it tastes so good, nice warm . Here’s how I made it:
- Used blue corn organic chips. Line a tray with parchment paper and spread chips.
- Top it with home cooked , seasoned black beans.
- Sprinkle Mexican or cheddar cheese and put in oven. I just did quick broil until cheese melted.
- Now fun part of topping. I added chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, green onion , cucumber , avocado,cilantro.
- Eat while still hot.
- It will be gone in no time. You might will have to make another batch.
- Again use good quality , fresh ingredients.
- Tip: I grow green onion since they are super easy. When you buy at grocery store , plant one bottom . They will grow new shoots. They are so useful to garnish here and there. I just pick from garden when needed.