If you never tried Indian chat , this sweet sour spicy dahi Vada, you got to give it a shot once in life and that should be now.
And if you already love it , try to make this at home . It’s not hard. Here’s the secret and don’t tell anyone. Buy gits dahi Vada pack. It comes with recipe and like those cake mixes where you just add water and bake but here you deep fry.
Tamarind ,date sauce that goes with this is easy to make or while at Indian store just buy it if you are too lazy. I do recommend to make it at home though. It will taste better .
Basically this dish is fried balls topped with plain yogurt , tamarind sauce, sprinkle some red chili powder , garnish with cilantro. But it taste so good and 1 of my favorite easy thing to make .
Try it out and expand your food dictionary. One life to live .
Have you ever had fresh cooked Artichoke? Most of us probably had at restaurant or bought canned one. Last weekend it grabbed my attention at Walmart and so I bought it . Checked some videos and then I boiled mine .
Fun part was how to eat it . You basically scrape , suck the leaves as the meat is on the leaves and it’s so little. You can spend some good fun time with friends picking leaves and sucking meat from them . At the end , you get artichoke heart which is very little too .
If you are bored and want to eat something that will make you feel good afterwards too , try it . There are videos on how to clean , cook so watch them first. Just skip sauces ppl show you with it. It taste fine without extra loaded fat. And you will get some nutrition too on top of fun time .
Spiced tofu taste good and you can throw it it in salad , Chinese or any dish you like . Or you can just eat by itself too.
Here’s how I made it . Feel free to add spices you like. I used extra form tofu.
- Cut Tofu in desired shape. Try triangle or some fun shape .
- Heat olive oil and carefully add tofu pieces.
- Sprinkle ginger powder, garlic powder and black pepper powder.
- Turn and do same on other side.
- Sauté until firm as you like.
- Sprinkle kosher salt .
Figs are coming on world famous fig tree that I have . Today made this simple , vegan and nutritious shake .
- Soak Raw almonds over night .
- Morning peel skin and add water , blend.
- Add few fresh figs from garden and blend again.
- Keep consistency the way you like . I ate with spoon. It had right amount of natural sweetness.
- Everyone wants everything more now a days , isn’t it ? More sweet , more spicy , more money , more work , more travel, more food , more nutrition….. never ending list.
- Learn to be happy.
Corn is another handy vegetable to keep in fridge for a rainy day. Just sharing idea . You can steam in insta pot or whatever way you like boil, roast and you will have something to eat as an appetizer , after school or work snack and it’s fun to eat. Good time pass food . Isn’t it ?