Dhokla is a steamed spicy cake. Our diet is heavy on white rice and wheat flour so It’s a good idea to include other millets , grains regularly.
Used Millet which is also known as Samo rice. There are plenty of recipes out there so pick the one you like. Samo rice is generally eaten during fast but you don’t need to fast to eat this or wait for those special days. You can make any time.
When you see a recipe or picture of item and if you like it, what do you do?
Keep the answer to yourself.
Here’s my observation..majority will do nothing , throw some nonsense.
Very few ppl will actually take the idea and will make it. If you are in this category, good job. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder.
Gujarati Patudi is a very very tasty dish but it’s a arm workout too. If you never had it , do try it out if you find it . Frozen ones are no good so look for fresh ones.
It’s made with chickpea flour , yogurt and need exact measurements of ingredients. And it does need some cooking skill . I don’t make it and I do appreciate the family , friends who have made for me . I just relish at those times.
I do know how to make it . Anything that I love ,I try to learn it even if I don’t make it often. Cooking is an art and you can actually learn a lot from cooking . Have an open mind and try new things. Spend some money , time on good ingredients.
Swiss chard is so easy to grow. You cut leaves and it keeps growing back. 1st picture is of today’s harvest and 2nd picture is how it turned into dish.
Chard with eggplant is odd combination and you won’t see much but it taste good. I made using Indian spices. You can just make a side dish with it too.
- Use olive oil and sauté some chopped /crushed garlic.
- Add chopped eggplant , chard.
- Use your Indian spices or just add salt.
- Once cooked add some chopped tomato.
- Cook tomato for a minute and that’s it.
- You can also add some cashews for crunch.
- Takes hardly 5 minutes to cook.
Are you trying to eat beetroot but can’t stand color or taste ? Try cutlet.
- Take boiled 1 beetroot or if it’s raw , shred it . Mix it with 1 or 2 boiled potatoes .
- Add ginger , garlic , dry spices you like , cilantro, mint leaves whatever you like and what you have .
- Add some bread crumbs and see if you can make cutlet .
- Coat with bread crumbs and Shallow fry in coconut oil.
- You can have it with salad to make a full meal.
- I started eating beetroot regularly because it helps with hikes.
- If you are looking for a reason , then it’s very yummy. There’s some research done on it helping lower blood pressure too .
- If you never had beetroot, start slow. Eat a slice of it.
- We don’t need so much of everything. Little goes a long way.
Eggplant with onion makes a quick, simple side dish. Eggplant is everywhere in summer so try it out. I make it with Indian spices but you can make with spices you like.
- Use olive oil and add some chopped garlic.
Add sliced onion and sauté for a minute.
Add sliced egg plant and add spices, salt. Cover and cook.
It cooks quickly in few minutes.
You can use cumin powder , crushed pepper.
If you like potato , add thinly sliced potato and cook until potato is done. Add little water if needed.
You can top with roasted peanuts too.
Eat as a side dish or find your own way.
Here’s recent observation through social media. When we praise anything or anyone , it’s more abt glorifying ourselves only. Isn’t it ? Next time observe yourself and think abt it. We need to learn to take backstage when needed and let others shine. Things , ppl whatever it is .