Are you into hiking or running and would like to feel little better , more energetic? Well, try beetroot. There’s some research also done on it.
My personal experience is when I eat beetroot night before hike , I do little better. I just boil beetroot , sprinkle some salt and lemon juice and eat it like a salad on the side .
Try it yourself and see if you feel better . There’s nothing to lose here.
Broccoli is very handy when you want a healthy, quick side dish or healthy ingredient to throw in something . It has good fiber which you will realize next day and is nutritious too. I like to steam some as a side dish to go with Bataka poha too.
This curry goes well with roti and it’s so quick to make . Here’s the simple , efficient way to make. And eat it right away.
- Heat a tsp of oil. While oil is heating , chop tomatoes roughly.
- Add cumin seeds to oil. Once they crack, add tomatoes and cook.
- Now start cleaning broccoli florets .
- Add dry spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add broccoli florets , salt and mix. Add little water.
- Cover and cook for 2 -3 minutes. You want to cook broccoli just right.
- Serve with roti , paratha .
- It’s easy to eat good , yummy food and it’s quick too.
Saw this nacho idea on recipe blog but not able to find where. Will update with link if I find it. Always give credit to where it belongs.
Key point here was to melt cheese in oven and so it tastes so good, nice warm . Here’s how I made it:
- Used blue corn organic chips. Line a tray with parchment paper and spread chips.
- Top it with home cooked , seasoned black beans.
- Sprinkle Mexican or cheddar cheese and put in oven. I just did quick broil until cheese melted.
- Now fun part of topping. I added chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, green onion , cucumber , avocado,cilantro.
- Eat while still hot.
- It will be gone in no time. You might will have to make another batch.
- Again use good quality , fresh ingredients.
- Tip: I grow green onion since they are super easy. When you buy at grocery store , plant one bottom . They will grow new shoots. They are so useful to garnish here and there. I just pick from garden when needed.
Everyone generally likes little salad on the side if it’s good looking . You can mix and match things like you do for clothes. Be creative and come up with new ideas that works for your family. And start with yourself . If you like something do it for yourself first. Make a small serving just for yourself . You are special to yourself and your own best friend.
I made this Greek kind of salad to go with my Indian meal. Isn’t it good looking ? I will have to make again to take it to work .
You can tell from picture what went in. Cucumber , grape tomatoes, olives , goat cheese . Sprinkle some dill leaves and salt. Use nice fresh ingredients for salad . Not something that’s all ready to go bad. I make the day I buy grocery .
Karela spree is still going on. I never had this many Karelas in my whole life. But I am enjoying them. A friend gave me some home grown nice tender karelas and so i made them again and since they were small, perfect for stuff recipe.
I steamed them little bit after removing seeds from inside. Stuffing I made different way. It was kind of powder and so quick to make it.
- Powder some dalia in coffee grinder and take them in a bowl.
- Add some dry coconut powder.
- Add dry spices you like and salt.
- Stuff Karela with stuffing and I pan fried them in little mustard oil.
- Yum. Easy breezy side dish.