If you already didn’t know , pizza dough is super super easy to make at home. 2 cup all purpose flour , salt, olive oil and add 3/4th cup of water that you proofed yeast in. Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter for 2 hrs and it will rise . Question is why would you do at home ?
- Because it is super easy.
- You can add flavors in crust like Italian seasoning, crushed pepper , garlic powder etc.
- Everyone now a days is trying to lose weight so this home made pizza might be little lighter.
- Kids will have fun putting , choosing their toppings.
- And it taste good and you will be happy that you made it at home.
If you have never tried to make pizza dough tat home, then at least try once for experiment. You will enjoy.
If you love everything pizza , then this is must try. Hot from oven oops Tava here tasted so good and am not even pizza person or cheese person. Whatever that means…
I added garlic powder and Italian seasoning in dough. And for stuffing I had colored pepper , olives and not so hot green chili with mozzarella cheese. Recipe here:
It will make a good diner with a Side of soup on Weekend. Minestrone soup will go well with it. And it’s winter too now . So pizza paratha + soup will make night warm. I made dough before going out and it was easy and very quick to make paratha when came home hungry. Plan , think your meals little in advance and it will save lot of energy.
There are lots of recipes for cauliflower paratha. My basic version is like this :
- Shred cauliflower and add chopped cilantro leaves, dry spice powders and salt.I added pav bhaji masala. Yay. I saw this trick on vah re vah to add butter to the mixture . So I added little softened butter.
- Make paratha as usual.
- Tip for Raita: add some chia seeds to yogurt and let it sit for a while . Will make yogurt thick and some more nutritious. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on top.
As I was roaming around Indian grocery store , saw thalipeeth mix and of course I had to buy it. I have tried thalipeeth before and basically it’s multi grain flour mix but this pkg has more different grains and millet. Also I never had authentic thalipeeth so wanted to see what it taste like. And it tasted so good . Earthy flavor and reminded me of Indian village food .
Instructions, recipe is on the pkg and i just followed it . It’s very simple . Add some chopped onion, cilantro, yogurt , water and mix.
I had with yogurt and Brussels sprouts which are so much in season right now. Make it look festive by throwing some pomegranate seeds. We all need some antioxidants.
Mint is so easy to grow and is very useful in summer . It’s liver cleansing and cooling. You can use so many different ways. Chutney, lemonade, Raita, paratha , salsa etc etc. You can tell I have it growing , right? Have been looking for new mint recipes and found this good one with paneer and has lot of mint flavor. Here’s how I made it.
- Make paratha dough and keep it aside.
- Crumble paneer , add lots of chopped mint, little bit finely chopped red onion, salt and black pepper powder. Mix.
- Here’s the new thing . Add some roasted chickpea flour for binding. And mix well. Stuffing is ready.
- Make stuffed paratha as usual.
- It has nice strong mint flavor which I liked .
- If you don’t have paneer, try cheese. I think it will taste good.
- Here’s the link to recipe :https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YLK_0qg7qiA