Am not sure if I have posted this idea before that I had seen on master chef India. Contestants were asked to make pizza with Indian flavor or something like that . I make Mexican style pizza using Indian rotla. What I like is rotla we make fresh which taste really good and then you top with your favorite ingredients.
- I made rotla using corn flour and the reason I am using rotla is because they are thick and so makes a good solid base. You can also use jowar/sorghum rotla. Make rotla little small in size.
- Put lettuce leaves on top of rotla.
- Now put black beans seasoned with salt and cumin powder. Or you can use kidney beans but mash them little.
- Top with salsa or chopped tomatoe , onion, cucumber, cilantro.
- Add chopped avocado and cheddar cheese.
- Take a bite. It’s really good.
- It makes good filling wholesome meal.
There are lot of fig pizza recipes online and seems goat cheese pairs well with figs and I am not cheese lover but I like goat cheese . So had to try this pizza and I really liked it. Here’s how I did it.
- I had whole wheat pita so that became my pizza base. Very creative.:)
- Saute long sliced onion in olive oil. Add salt and I also added crushed pepper since I like spicy. Oh and also I cooked some sliced Bella mushroom too with onion. Vegetables are must for me .
- Apply some olive oil on pita.
- Put onion , mushroom mixture evenly and top with sliced fresh figs and goat cheese.
- Bake for 8 – 10mins and I broiled for 2 mins at the end .Makes fig juicy.
- Garnish with Arugula. Don’t miss this. It’s little bitter and peppery I felt and pairs well with goat and figs.
- Take a bite and you will be very impressed and proud of you like me. pizza is busting with flavors.
- You can also make salad, sandwich , top on bread slices or fill in pita bread all same ingredients. Be creative!
- Enjoy !
Am sure everyone knows how to make nan pizza. Today I made it using onion nan and loved it. Onion nan has little flavor so if you like your base flavored then you will like this. Onion nan is available at Indian store in frozen section.
- Spread pizza sauce on nan. No need to defrost nan. Add half of cheese.
- Add your favorite toppings. I like lots of veggies. Green pepper, black olives, red onion and mushroom.
- Spread remaining cheese.
- I baked in toaster oven for 30mins. First 15 mins at 400F and then at 350. Turned out nice crispy .
- Makes nice easy lunch.
- Pictures are of before and after baking.
- Enjoy !