- Found recipe here: http://ahaar.blogspot.com/ and made it my way. Check it for detailed recipe. I will just give outline here on how i made it.
- Seasoned peanut oil with crushed garlic and cooked eggplant with salt.
- Take cooked spaghetti in a bowl, added whatever vinegar i had, pinch of sugar, chopped onion, cooked eggplant, chopped ripe mango, chopped basil leaves from garden, chopped cilantro leaves. Mix everything well.
- Now my fun twist was to add crushed red chilli flakes for that extra kick.
- Taste , adjust salt, vinegar according to your taste.
- Yum !
- There are days when you just want to make something quick without lot of fuss. I think this fits the bill.
- Who doesn’t like Maggie? Add vegetables like carrot, peas, celery, broccoli , spinach etc. to make it filling and healthy.
- Khaman dokla made from gits. This is 1 product i like from gits. Easy to make.
- I know it’s a weird combination but it was a good fun meal.
- All vegetables make you full so you won’t end up eating too much of khaman either.
- Eating healthy is not that difficult or boring. Right?
Today’s post is coming from my engineering days friend Krishna. We had spent a lot of time in canteen eating puffs, sandwiches,dosa with gold spot, thumbs up. If i remember correctly, she even had won competition of drinking thumbs up. We were lab partners too and had too much fun in the labs. Hope she won’t kill me for posting this. We never talked abt making food though. Fast forward few years and we meet again on FB and once again, we have something in common. Love for food or should i say cooking. Yeah, cooking sounds better. 🙂 Over to her delicious Lasagna recipe…
3 large onions finely chopped
Garlic acc. to your taste
1 bag of frozen chopped spinach
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 cup ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper
Your favorite pasta sauce
- In a food processor, finely chop the peppers,zucchini and the frozen spinach. Finely chop onion and garlic too.
- In a large pot saute onions, garlic, Italian seasoning. Now add chopped veggies ,salt ,pepper and let it cook few mins.
- After it is cooked, add pasta sauce about 1 to 1and 1/2 jar. Let it simmer for 20 – 30 min. Once it is done, add ricotta cheese and mix.
- Boil the lasagna sheets with salt.Layer the 9×13 tray with sheets and veggie mix. Once layers are done, top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 for half an hour.
- You can use ready to cook lasagna sheets too but might need more sauce for it.
- If you don’t like to add sauce to veggies, then do layers of sauce and veggie.
- Enjoy and have fun with lasagna.
Tips from health nut me:
- I would use whole wheat pasta and fresh spinach.
- I like to use full fat cheese only and not reduced fat. Anything wholesome is good.But you need to make your own decision if you have any health concern.
- Serve with whole wheat bread and salad on side.