One of the thing I enjoy is roaming around international aisles in Asian stores .( Did you say no brainer ? )They will have lot of things that I never had before. On my last trip, I saw buckwheat noodles. I didn’t waste anytime thinking and picked them up. Tried them today and I liked them. Package says its buckwheat with yam and also contains wheat. And yes, seems it’s popular in Japan and called soba noodles there. Soba meaning buckwheat.
I made them with the same chili Garlic and soya sauce I have been using lately . Added vegetables like carrot, bean sprouts my new favorite, onion, colored peppers , spinach and Tofu. It made a good lunch to take to work. And of course , I told everyone at work abt new finding so they can try too.
Lunch is packed in glass container. I don’t use plastic if I have to reheat my food in microwave at work.
Today’s post is coming from my engineering days friend Krishna. We had spent a lot of time in canteen eating puffs, sandwiches,dosa with gold spot, thumbs up. If i remember correctly, she even had won competition of drinking thumbs up. We were lab partners too and had too much fun in the labs. Hope she won’t kill me for posting this. We never talked abt making food though. Fast forward few years and we meet again on FB and once again, we have something in common. Love for food or should i say cooking. Yeah, cooking sounds better. 🙂 Over to her delicious Lasagna recipe…
3 large onions finely chopped
Garlic acc. to your taste
1 bag of frozen chopped spinach
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 cup ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper
Your favorite pasta sauce
- In a food processor, finely chop the peppers,zucchini and the frozen spinach. Finely chop onion and garlic too.
- In a large pot saute onions, garlic, Italian seasoning. Now add chopped veggies ,salt ,pepper and let it cook few mins.
- After it is cooked, add pasta sauce about 1 to 1and 1/2 jar. Let it simmer for 20 – 30 min. Once it is done, add ricotta cheese and mix.
- Boil the lasagna sheets with salt.Layer the 9×13 tray with sheets and veggie mix. Once layers are done, top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 for half an hour.
- You can use ready to cook lasagna sheets too but might need more sauce for it.
- If you don’t like to add sauce to veggies, then do layers of sauce and veggie.
- Enjoy and have fun with lasagna.
Tips from health nut me:
- I would use whole wheat pasta and fresh spinach.
- I like to use full fat cheese only and not reduced fat. Anything wholesome is good.But you need to make your own decision if you have any health concern.
- Serve with whole wheat bread and salad on side.
Roast some vegetables with olive oil, salt, italian seasoning , black pepper ,red pepper or any of your fav spice while baking a cake and add it to pasta.
Carrot, Bell Pepper, Beet, Egg Plant, Squash, Potato etc roasts well.
Easy breezy lunch.