American chop suey is indo Chinese and popular in India. Growing up most of my generation probably relished on this .
It’s pretty easy to make. This is how I made after watching few you tube videos .
- Heat oil and add chopped garlic and ginger .
- Sauté shredded cabbage , carrot , colored peppers, onion, white part of green onion for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add ketchup, soya sauce , chili sauce(I added sriracha) . Sauces depending on your taste.
- Take a spoonful of non gmo corn starch and dilute with water. Add this to vegetable and add some water or stock.
- Boil for few minutes and keep consistency not too thin and not too thick. Adjust salt, sugar . Should be sweet, spicy, sour.
- Sprinkle green part of geeen onion.
- Now for noodles, boil noodles, drain and then sprinkle little corn starch.
- Shallow fry or deep fry noodles and make them crunchy.
- Serve noodles topped with sauce .
Left over insta pot cooked pasta with spinach in it.
Steamed some broccoli.
Maggi noodles is very popular in India and I had my share of maggi during college days . Once in a while I still eat it when there’s nothing else to eat. But now I add vegetables to my maggi.
Today I made maggi in vegetable stock and it tasted good. Good way to use the vegetable stock and good for kids and adults too.
What’s your quick meal idea and have you modified it to suit today’s need ?
Pasta cooked in butternut squash sauce in 10 minutes, vegan friendly, only 1 pot to clean, you can feed bunch of ppl , nutrients from butternut squash and taste so good. With all this advantages it’s a deal to grab for intelligent,smart ppl. Alright , I just tried my hands on to develop some marketing skill. Jokes apart, this dish is really good.
You can also make on stove top.
Here’s the link to recipe:
- Sautéed chopped red onion, garlic ,Italian seasoning in insta pot for 2 minutes in coconut oil.
- Add water or stock. Throw chopped butternut squash. I took time to peel, chop whole butternut squash using my new big knife.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes. Release manually. And mash squash.
- Add pasta, more water , spinach, salt.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes and release naturally.
- While it’s cooking soak some raw cashews in water. And then blend to purée.
- Open insta pot, put it on sauté mode and add cashew purée to make pasta creamy . You can also add some whole roasted cashews at the end to make it exotic.
- Sprinkle some crushed red pepper if you like spicy.
- Serve with additional cheese if you like or skip to keep it vegan.
- With a side of soup, makes a good ,fun meal
- Good for kid’s lunch.
- Do you know we need more vitamin A in winter? Butternut squash ,spinach will provide vitamin A.
- Use good quality pasta to make it more nutrient rich. I hardly eat pasta so just used regular ones.
Left over from Chinese restaurant makes another good meal. This restaurant I went to has huge portion and I tend to finish all vegetables from dish. Left over noodles I brought home.
- Sauté fresh veggies like zucchini , colored peppers , carrot, snow peas, tofu whatever you have and you like.
- Add left over veggies and another good Chinese meal in no time.
- I had added some of the chili oil, hot sauce from restaurant in left over so no need to look for sauces either .
- Do you know how to eat with chopsticks? If not , learn it. It’s fun and learning new things is good for brain at any age.
- When I was going to China , I learned it and i was so thankful because very first night we went out to eat in Beijing they had only chopsticks.