Everyone or should I say health conscious ppl are trying to be gluten free and vegan. Have been realizing lot of Indian recipes can be vegan and gluten free with just few changes.
- Ragda is made of dry white peas. Insta pot here will do the job.
- Pattice is made of potatoes.
- We top with date, tamarind sauce and coriander chutney, onion, tomatoes.
- Skip sev and yogurt on top. Sev is made of besan so gluten free but unless you make at home , you don’t know what all it is made if. Without it, it still taste good and very feeling because of peas.
We have to make things work for us instead of complaining. Isn’t it?
Dal dhokli is another good candidate for Insta pot. You can make in just 1 pot and it’s easy. There are many videos and recipes for this online. I used 1 cup mung dal with skin , 1 tbsp Chana dal. Both soaked for 15 minutes. And it cooked in 12 minutes with natural release. Looks like you can use any dal combination but if your dal is gonna take longer to cook then first cook dal and then add dhokli. Dhokli will cook just in few minutes. Here’s few ideas for open minded ppl.
- If you are not Indian, and want to try this recipe but don’t want to make dhokli…take lasagna sheet, break it in 1 inch pieces and cook it in dal. Very innovative, isn’t it?
You can use any other pasta but not cheese filled. You can but I don’t know how that would taste.
Dals are rich in protein , fiber and with insta pot they are so easy to cook. You don’t need to be Indian or have to follow Indian recipes, come up with your own.
Generally we add ginger ,garlic , tomatoes or lemon juice in dals to make it easy to digest.
Also this will be good for ppl with sugar problem since no extra sugar and more fiber.
Hiker friends love boiled peanuts and we call boiled peanut lovers squirrels now. So I have been making them for few years now for our hikes. Now with insta pot they are much easier to make. Here’s how I made them in 6 quarter insta pot.
- Soak raw dry peanuts for 10-12 hrs in insta pot only with trivet that comes with it on so that they stay in water else they will float.
Rinse and add fresh water, salt. Needs lot of salt. You can taste water and it should taste good salty. You can also add spices you like.
Pressure cook on high for 50 mins. And let it release naturally.
Taste and if salt is less , add more and cook for a minute and natural release again so it has time to absorb more salt.
Fun healthy snack to relax and chit chat with friends.
If you have green peanuts (lucky you) then no need to soak. It should be done in 25-30 minutes.
Peanuts are gluten free. So this is vegan gluten free snack. It will keep you full for a long time too.