Easy breezy quick tomato rice everyone can make.
- Just cook rice in fresh tomato juice. I just blended some tomatoes.
- Throw some green peas, chopped carrot, potatoes, green beans .
- Add spices. I seasoned with cumin seeds and onion.
- At the end, added some fresh mint leaves from garden and some broccoli florets.
- Cover and go for a 10 min walk.
- Broccoli will be steamed.
- Garnish with some roasted cashews.
People start eating oat for health reasons and you know it if you are eating it . Oat can get boring so this Indian way is another way to eat oat. Make Idli out of it . You can add veggies , herbs of your choice and it’s steamed .
You don’t need to be Indian to make this. You do need open mind and willingness to try something new .
Plenty of recipes online . Be creative and make it the way you like it . You don’t need Idli stand . Just steam in any dish you have that can be used for steaming . It doesn’t need to be small round . You can make square too and give it a new name .
If you want to make good lunch to take it to work , school in the morning this will be a good option. Made this in the morning while tea was boiling.
- Sauté onion , garlic in insta pot and throw all veggies in. If you have saved some cooked black beans then throw that too.
- Add rinsed quinoa , water, salt and spice you like. You can do Mexican quinoa too using taco seasoning, cumin powder.
- Manual cook for 1 min on high pressure.
- Now enjoy your tea, take shower and get ready.
- Pressure in insta pot should have been naturally released now and everything will be cooked .
- Add some cashew nuts, flax meal, cilantro and squeeze lemon juice .
- Pack it. Isn’t that simple ?
Barnyard Millet Also Known as Bhaggar , Samo rice in India. It’s generally eaten during fast since it’s easy to digest. Even if you are not fasting , you can eat this and it taste good. Good to take to work for lunch.
I just sauté vegetables , add spices , cashews and added cooked Millet to it . Millet cooks just like rice. Very simple. You can make it like Chinese fried rice too. It’s gluten free, vegan .
It’s a good idea to give up on rice and wheat, all purpose flour or whatever you eat every single day a miss for a day or week. Buckwheat is easily available.
It cooks like rice. Before a meeting when you are working from home. I started my electric pressure cooker with buckwheat in. Meeting done and chop , chop some veggies , throw some pav bhaji masala and voila done in no time . I sautéd tofu using pav bhaji masala.
Pav bhaji masala is very versatile. If you like spices , invest/waste $2 or $3 to try this masala .
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice, garnish with cilantro.