Buckwheat groat is available at Indian store and on Amazon too. Buckwheat is allowed to eat when Indians fast where grains are prohibited. Buckwheat is a seed and nutritious. Buckwheat pilaf makes a good lunch to carry it to work, school. It’s so easy to make and am sure you don’t need recipe. But some ideas:
- Buckwheat groats from Indian store are not roasted so I first roasted for few minutes. And then cook it like rice.
- I cracked some cumin seeds and sauté veggies. Add salt and crushed pepper .
- I had some boiled kala Chana which I threw in .
- Add cooked buckwheat groats and mix.
- Done . Healthy meals are easy to make.
- You can top with lettuce, cucumber , tomatoes, lemon juice too.
One of my favorite activity is browse recipes , cooking videos since I like to try new ingredients, new ways or healthy ways to cook. I saw recipe of Thai peanut sauce and not finding now but I made using almond butter. It’s a 1 pot simple meal but yummy and good to take to work for lunch. Here’s how I made:
- Heat olive oil and sauté chopped garlic, add little ginger too.
- Add chopped onion, veggies you like. I added lots of them like chopped carrot ,colored pepper, zucchini, bok choy. Season with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and then spoonful of almond butter. Let it boil.
- Add some protein. I added tofu but you can add some chickpeas or any beans you like.
- Add soba noodles, cover and cook.
- If you like soupy then add more stock .
- Once done, add some crushed chili pepper and lemon or lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro. You can also add some almonds or peanuts for crunch.
- I love that it only needs 1 pot and to eat also just 1 bowl. And goodness of all veggies.
Everything we do is abt life and can teach us something new. As I was making Buckwheat bread , and had realized you can only add little bit Buckwheat flour because it has strong chalky taste. I was contemplating why I should bother adding little. Jesus came to rescue and realized that we don’t need more of everything. It just has become our tendency to have everything more which includes more money, more cars , more status … list is endless.
Same way, to make life happier or to start with a day, we just need to spend 5 mins everyday doing something we enjoy. Whatever it is that you enjoy.
So made banana bread happily just the way I usually make . But replaced 1/4 th flour with Buckwheat and it made a huge difference and bread taste more wholesome.
Do you spend 5 mins a day doing things you enjoy? Start now.
Let’s be clear first. This is Buckwheat idli and it taste like Buckwheat. No comparison. Comparison starts war so stay away from it.
Idli turned out very soft and spongy. It will taste good with chutney and sambhar on the side . Or do seasoning and add spices to batter before steaming. Here’s how I made it.
- Rinse and Soak 1/2 cup Urad dal with 1 cup of Buckwheat groats. Found groats in Indian store but available on Amazon too. Groats have to be raw. And yes add few methi seeds.
- After 5-6 hrs, grind everything and let it ferment.
- Make Idlis like you do generally.
- Remember again , it’s Buckwheat Idli.
- Google Buckwheat benefits and you will start liking it.
Mango makes everything sunny and yummy if you love mango. Here’s an idea for a yummy salad.
- Cook quinoa and what almost done , add some broccoli florets.
- Add some chopped mango, avocado, green onion or cilantro.
- Sprinkle some salt and lemon juice.
- Take a bite .
- Enjoy !