It’s a good idea to give up on rice and wheat, all purpose flour or whatever you eat every single day a miss for a day or week. Buckwheat is easily available.
It cooks like rice. Before a meeting when you are working from home. I started my electric pressure cooker with buckwheat in. Meeting done and chop , chop some veggies , throw some pav bhaji masala and voila done in no time . I sautéd tofu using pav bhaji masala.
Pav bhaji masala is very versatile. If you like spices , invest/waste $2 or $3 to try this masala .
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice, garnish with cilantro.
As I mentioned y’day , tried biryani today and it turned out good. I would say must try. There are lots of videos Of recipes so I won’t bother. Jackfruit pieces are just like chicken here . Give someone who likes chicken Biryani.
You can also use jackfruit in any fried rice you make . Use your favorite recipe.
Rava Idli With coconut chutney and some soaked chia seeds. Chia seeds will go in last spoon of chutney or you can add before hand too. Your choice or kid’s choice.
I love coconut chutney I make . Goodness of fresh coconut, cilantro leaves , curry leaves . Yum. I can finish a bowl of chutney.
Just some lunch idea.
Other day I saw this cooking show “The Global Menu” on Indian channel. It featured some Cuban recipes. Saw this rice recipe on it and since I don’t write down recipes, it’s what I remember. What I noticed in all Cuban recipes , spices were same and they were garlic, bay leaves, chili powder, cumin powder and oregano. I had black beans cooked in the fridge so before I forget I decided to make it.I thought oregano will give this rice a different taste. Here’s the recipe:
- Heat oil and add chopped garlic. Saute , throw bay leaf in.
- Then goes chopped onion and then chopped grape tomatoes.
- Now chopped colored pepper and cook.
- Add cooked black beans. I added tofu for extra protein. Alright it needed to be used so I threw it in.
- Add cumin powder , red chili powder , oregano.
- Now chef added some stock and I had made my Ayurvedic veggie soup so I took some water from it. Felt so smart to get this idea. Bonus point to self .
- Added left over cooked basmati rice. Add salt , mix well.
- Tada… Cuban rice ready.
- Oh wait, garnish with some home grown cilantro leaves.
- I don’t know how it taste yet since I made it for work lunch. So it will be a surprise tasting lunch tomorrow at work.
As I was roaming around Indian grocery store , saw thalipeeth mix and of course I had to buy it. I have tried thalipeeth before and basically it’s multi grain flour mix but this pkg has more different grains and millet. Also I never had authentic thalipeeth so wanted to see what it taste like. And it tasted so good . Earthy flavor and reminded me of Indian village food .
Instructions, recipe is on the pkg and i just followed it . It’s very simple . Add some chopped onion, cilantro, yogurt , water and mix.
I had with yogurt and Brussels sprouts which are so much in season right now. Make it look festive by throwing some pomegranate seeds. We all need some antioxidants.