It’s easy to add some small good things in meal. Like little salad on the side with just salt and lemon juice. Add little chopped raw garlic or have cilantro chutney with garlic in it on the side . Garlic is immunity booster . Doesn’t hurt to have little.
Sprinkle some flax meal on your meal. Everyone now a days can use some help with constipation.
When you start making small changes , things build up slowly . Like spending 5 minutes doing something you enjoy other than TV of course . May be just 1 sun salutation before meal. Or play a music instrument or paint or draw for few minutes whatever you like. 5 minutes of meditation or observe your breath for 5 minutes. There’s so much and so many things you can do in 5 minutes.
What small changes are you making ?
Do you know abt Maangchi ? She has YouTube channel and shares Korean recipes . Her videos are so much fun. There are few vegetarian recipes there.
Most of the recipes I watched has onion, green onion , garlic, soy sauce, Korean chili powder, roasted sesame oil. Besides Korean chili powder I went and bought other things and sautéed vegetables. Simple recipe and takes few minutes only. No left over.
Do you believe in miracles? They are always happening around us . We see only if our eyes are open.
When potato started growing on kitchen counter in fall or winter I don’t even remember but I buried them in the ground. If I get potato good else they will be decomposed. Miracle happened and got few potatoes.
I was thinking how potato grew into a plant and grew more potatoes underneath? Magic. Isn’t it ?
Made my fav spicy potato chips and this potatoes tasted little different. I don’t use any fertilizer. Only kitchen waste . May be that’s why.
Have you seen miracle ?
On recent chardham trip, @ Badarinath hotel ,kathal/Jackfruit masala was on buffet and we all just ate that and ignored rest of the buffet items. Since then I wanted to make it. I had tried it years before using canned jackfruit but I didn’t like taste of canned. This time I found in frozen section at Indian store . Some places it’s available fresh too if you are willing to do all the work to cut it.
It looks like chicken , isn’t it ? Since it’s a fruit , it will have little protein.
Followed nishmadhurika ‘s recipe from YouTube. It’s very simple and easy to make it.
- Cool raw jackfruit for 1 whistle .
- Heat oil, crack cumin seeds . Add ginger , garlic , green chili paste. Sauté and add turmeric powder , red chili powder, coriander powder , salt.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Use generous amt of tomatoes to make it taste good.
- Cook tomatoes few minutes only leaving little crunch.
- Add boiled jackfruit, adjust salt. Mix, mash some . Add garam masala, Amchoor powder.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Yum ! Next I will make biryani.
Now in this age of Insta pot and so many cooking gadgets , meals are easy to prepare, isn’t it ? Sweet potatoes with spices taste good and you can eat it as a side dish just like that too. Recipe is from vahrevah. Here’s the link:
When you don’t know what to make for dinner , I like to boil , steam something even if it doesn’t feel appealing. Because when you get hungry and there’s nothing else you can make , it will be handy. So steam the sweet potatoes in your insta pot just enough so you can chop it on 1 of those days.
- Heat coconut oil, crack some mustard seeds. Add urad dal , torn red chili, curry leaves, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Now using mortal pastel crush cumin seeds and then garlic. Make this before heating oil and add this mixture in oil.
- Mix well, add chopped sweet potatoes, salt and mix.
- Garnish with cilantro if you like.