Do you know abt Maangchi ? She has YouTube channel and shares Korean recipes . Her videos are so much fun. There are few vegetarian recipes there.
Most of the recipes I watched has onion, green onion , garlic, soy sauce, Korean chili powder, roasted sesame oil. Besides Korean chili powder I went and bought other things and sautéed vegetables. Simple recipe and takes few minutes only. No left over.
Do you believe in miracles? They are always happening around us . We see only if our eyes are open.
When potato started growing on kitchen counter in fall or winter I don’t even remember but I buried them in the ground. If I get potato good else they will be decomposed. Miracle happened and got few potatoes.
I was thinking how potato grew into a plant and grew more potatoes underneath? Magic. Isn’t it ?
Made my fav spicy potato chips and this potatoes tasted little different. I don’t use any fertilizer. Only kitchen waste . May be that’s why.
Have you seen miracle ?
On recent chardham trip, @ Badarinath hotel ,kathal/Jackfruit masala was on buffet and we all just ate that and ignored rest of the buffet items. Since then I wanted to make it. I had tried it years before using canned jackfruit but I didn’t like taste of canned. This time I found in frozen section at Indian store . Some places it’s available fresh too if you are willing to do all the work to cut it.
It looks like chicken , isn’t it ? Since it’s a fruit , it will have little protein.
Followed nishmadhurika ‘s recipe from YouTube. It’s very simple and easy to make it.
- Cool raw jackfruit for 1 whistle .
- Heat oil, crack cumin seeds . Add ginger , garlic , green chili paste. Sauté and add turmeric powder , red chili powder, coriander powder , salt.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Use generous amt of tomatoes to make it taste good.
- Cook tomatoes few minutes only leaving little crunch.
- Add boiled jackfruit, adjust salt. Mix, mash some . Add garam masala, Amchoor powder.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Yum ! Next I will make biryani.
Now in this age of Insta pot and so many cooking gadgets , meals are easy to prepare, isn’t it ? Sweet potatoes with spices taste good and you can eat it as a side dish just like that too. Recipe is from vahrevah. Here’s the link:
When you don’t know what to make for dinner , I like to boil , steam something even if it doesn’t feel appealing. Because when you get hungry and there’s nothing else you can make , it will be handy. So steam the sweet potatoes in your insta pot just enough so you can chop it on 1 of those days.
- Heat coconut oil, crack some mustard seeds. Add urad dal , torn red chili, curry leaves, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Now using mortal pastel crush cumin seeds and then garlic. Make this before heating oil and add this mixture in oil.
- Mix well, add chopped sweet potatoes, salt and mix.
- Garnish with cilantro if you like.
Don’t judge the book by cover . Here don’t judge a dish by picture. I take bad photos of dish. Poppy seed also know as Khus khus is made into curry and I used to love this dish growing up. First time I made it and having it after probably more than 2 decades . I still loved it and I was able to get same taste . Here’s how I made it.
- Soak 1/4th cup poppy seeds in water for an hr. Drain it and grind/blend with little water .
- Heat mustard oil and add 1 big finely chopped onion. You need good amount of onion in this curry. Sauté until brown.
- Add red chili powder, little bit coriander- cumin powder, ginger garlic paste. Add salt but be careful. Add only little.
- Add poppy paste and cook few minutes.
- That’s it. Easy breezy and very tasty.
- Goes very well with roti. I am limiting wheat in diet but this curry I had to eat with a roti.
- Warning : If you have a drug taste coming up, don’t eat this curry day before. It will show false results.