This is another simple sattvik curry you can make in few mins. You don’t need to spend hrs in kitchen to cook nourishing food. Little planning ahead is all needed.
- Boil sprouted Chana with a piece of ginger and add some salt half way. Cool until done. You can do this step while working or doing some other work.
- When time to eat, heat little olive oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, 1 torn red or green chili.
- Now add washed spinach leaves. Add boiled Chana without water and adjust salt. Cook only for a minute or 2 until spinach is wilted.
- Use left over Chana with water in soup or rasam.
- And yes, don’t forget to serve with fresh lemon. Will help with digestion.
- Simple sattvik curry ready !
- Enjoy !
*sattvik meaning nourishing food which will not agitate body or mind after eating.
Let’s get back to food and recipes again. Indian cooking uses lot of potatoes but now a days people try to stay away from potatoes for different reasons. Cabbage with potato is a very popular dish but it taste great with beans too and you will have some protein in a dish. Here’s how I made it:
- Heat oilve oil, add some cumin seeds, 1 torn red or green chili , few curry leaves.
- Add shredded cabbage, cooked beans and salt.
- Sauté for 2-3 mins. You don’t want to overlook cabbage and kill all nutrition.
- It’s summer time and very hot so kept spices to minimum and it tasted good.
- You can use any beans you like. I added small red chori. Chickpeas go really well too if you are not sure. Be creative and try different beans to come up with new flavor.
- Reminder – chew your food well. Each bite 32 times until it becomes liquid.
- Enjoy !