Have you had candied ginger ? It taste good and you get some of the ginger benefit. I buy for trips. On my recent trip, I knew roads will be curvy, going through mountains. Sometimes I end up getting motion sickness so I just ate 1-2 ginger candies after breakfast and I was fine sitting in tempo all day.
I bought mine at Trader’s Joe. Even amazon has it and Asian market also have it. Some of my colleagues also got hooked onto this ginger candies. One of the Colleague said she makes tea from it and I thought that was a good idea.
I just boiled water and threw 2-3 candied ginger and a small piece of lemon. At the end , you can eat ginger. Will help with digestion I think. Try it out after your dinner and see if you like it .
When you want to do something in life , you start with “how do I do this ?” Most of the time ppl start I can’t b/c …. people don’t take vacation assuming boss won’t allow but did you ask ? Life doesn’t come with a map and as we go we have to figure things out . If we just learn how to navigate then things become easy. Alright , Enough of nonsense.
If you like to include aloe Vera in your diet , this is a fun way and you won’t notice aloe Vera taste . Just blend aloe Vera gel with pineapple. Simple and yummy. You can strain and do fancy things if you like.
Weather is warming up now and so can enjoy nice smoothies. I made this quickly in the morning to take it to work. So simple, takes a minute.
- Mix banana, pineapple pieces . All fresh and pineapple was cut up night before . Add little water and blend in magic bullet.
- I wanted to add mango but had no time to peel mango .
- Add chia seeds , beetroot powder and mix. Cover with the lid and throw in your work bag.
- Now you will have energy to walk in lunch time . Thanks to beetroot powder .
If you are lazy and don’t want to go through process of beetroot boiling , peeling etc or you want to take on a trip, then buy beetroot powder . I got mine on amazon.
How to use it ? Here’s few ideas:
- Mix with water and drink like a juice . You can add lemon juice , cumin powder or whatever way you want to season it
- Mix in smoothies or Indian Raita or yogurt.
- Sprinkle in rice or mix in curries.
- Make red roti , paratha using powder.
- Be creative and find your unique way.
In India , there are juice bars where they make juice right in front of you and it’s just from fresh fruits and taste so good. Made this orange Indian way.
Peel oranges and remove if there’s any seeds. Add a piece of ginger and blend all together in a magic bullet or any blender . Strain and gulp it . Kids will love it and will ask for more so have a orange bag handy.
This way juice is little frothy and taste different than when you use citrus juicer. You can add mint too if you like.