In India , there are juice bars where they make juice right in front of you and it’s just from fresh fruits and taste so good. Made this orange Indian way.
Peel oranges and remove if there’s any seeds. Add a piece of ginger and blend all together in a magic bullet or any blender . Strain and gulp it . Kids will love it and will ask for more so have a orange bag handy.
This way juice is little frothy and taste different than when you use citrus juicer. You can add mint too if you like.
Over the weekend , I hosted a photography workshop. One of the friend is a good photographer and so some of us tried to learn. It was very very hot that day and so I had made watermelon drink and everyone liked it very much. They all were like this is so refreshing. It’s very simple and easy to make it . Here’s what I did .
- Buy seedless watermelon for this drink. Remove rind and chop into chunks.
- Blend in blender. No water needed.
- Add salt, fresh lemon or lime juice and roasted cumin powder. And few mint leaves. I didn’t had any.
- You can try Indian chat masala instead of Cumin powder if you like. Try a small portion first and see if you like it.
- Add few ice cubes and it’s ready to be served. Remember to stir.
- One melon will make lot of drink. So perfect for summer gatherings.
When you cut the fresh pineapple, there’s lot of pulp attached to skin is wasted and I always felt bad throwing it away. Google came to rescue as always and learned in tropical places ppl make drinks from pineapple skin. Just want I needed. Pineapple was not organic and since I was just trying it out and not really trying to cure anything, I felt it was ok. I washed pineapple well before cutting it.
- Take skin in a pot , immerse it in water.
- Boil it for 30 mins and let it cool down.
- Strain the liquid and as you know I avoid extra sweetener.
- I did add some chia seeds.
- Drink it . It taste little different than pineapple. More like mild vinegar.
- It is different and flavor is new to me.
- Try it out and see if you like it next time when you cut fresh pineapple.
- Am sure it is good for digestion since it will have bromelian enzyme. But then again, heating may reduce bromelain.
Pineapple at near buy store keeps coming on sale and I have to buy them when am tired of apples, oranges , grapes etc. yes, it’s little hard to cut but it’s totally worth it and we can do now and then. You can cut it up and store in fridge and you can make so many exotic dishes all week. Store in glass container. Like pineapple quinoa, fried rice , pineapple oat or just have a slice after meal and will help digest food. I do not add yogurt or dairy milk to pineapple.
I had one big slice left and for a change made juice . It’s easy and delicious.
Chop pineapple and take a small piece of ginger. Remove the skin from ginger . Blend it all together with little water. Strain and drink it. Try not to gulp it all in 1 sip like me.
No need to add extra sugar , honey or anything. If not ginger, you can add cardamom too.
Pineapple is acidic and rich in enzymes. I eat with or after meal only. And eat , drink in moderation like 1 slice or small glass of juice. Pregnant women in India are advised not to eat pineapple and papaya since they are considered heating food. If women eat pineapple, papaya on empty stomach, good chance your cycle will start. Yep, speaking from experience.
Don’t we go Gaga over when we see herbed water , flavored water outside at hotels , restaurants or may be your company provides like mine? And you hardly taste any flavor in that water. If you do like them, it’s so easy to make it at home. In summer , it will be soo good and if you are having ppl over , they would love it too. You may get some vitamins also from it too. Do you really need recipe?
- Take filtered water in a glass jar.
- Throw some mint leaves. You can also add some citrus rings of lemon, orange , grapefruit whatever you have. Wash it well though and use organic if possible.
- I used mint leaves and Lemon grass both growing at home in pot.
- Let it sit for 30 mins and you can start drinking .
- Simple , calorie free and mint gave a good , refreshing flavor.
- You can also take some leaves at work and throw in water bottle or you can make tea by adding hot water at work.
- Mint is cooling and so good in summer .
- Enjoy !