How is everyone doing ? It’s been a while since I posted here. I have signed up for so many things and then felt overwhelmed just thinking abt all the things. And then unexpected things…I had to sit back and breathe. One of the thing I signed up for is yoga demo at work event and had no clue what I will do. But everything is falling in place and my coworkers agreed to join me which I was amazed. We all are looking forward to it now. This will be the first time I will be leading yoga demo in front of large crowd. It’s an opportunity for me and my coworker to grow. When opportunity knocks the door, you got to grab it.Isn’t it? It might look small but you never know where it will lead. At work, we had done yoga sessions as part of diversity event few years back and so most of the ppl are aware of yoga and had fun. And now we all will go and demo it to others. Isn’t that amazing ? Complete experience from learning to sharing.
Fig season is almost ending and am having a fig festival. What’s the festival without ice cream ? Followed Tarla Dalal’s recipe since it looked very simple and first batch which was experiment is all gone and everyone who tried loved it . One friend said she never had this good ice cream in her life. I used home dried figs. And so ice cream has strong fig flavor.
Here’s the link to recipe :
There’s one little typo in the recipe I think. Total milk is 3.5 cup but recipe uses only 3. I added 3.5 cup . Also I used everything full fat. You can eat little and be satisfied. No reason to eat whole container thinking it’s fat free.
Try it before summer is over.
When you want to take some thing healthy, new and easy to potluck , chia pudding is good. I took this to work today for our monthly birthday celebration. It looked good presentation wise. Here’s how I did it:
- Take chia seeds, little bit oatmeal, raisins and coconut flakes in a bowl.
- Pour unsweetened almond milk over it and keep it in fridge overnight.
- Garnish with some nuts and fruits. Mango will be really good .
- If you like more sweeter , mix honey before garnishing but I would recommend skipping. There’s enough sweetness from raisin and fruits.
- Enjoy !
There’s gonna be lot of fig recipes now since fig tree is loaded and too many ideas are pouring in my head. I might start looking like a fig. Fig tree has become such a celebrity that now ppl ask me how is fig tree ? They don’t ask how am I ? 🙂
Fig shake is too yummy and good for kids too who generally like milk shakes.
- Chop fresh figs , add some milk and little vanilla ice team . Now secret ingredient is flax seeds meal/powder. Add little bit of it. Good source of omega 3 and you don’t notice any taste difference.
- I didn’t add any sugar and it was enough sweet b/c of sweet figs and ice cream.
- Blend everything and that’s it.
- Vanilla ice cream makes it creamy.
- Enjoy !
Thanks to technology , we get to know everything. I saw Eid greetings everywhere so thought of making Savaiya which is one of my favorite dessert. If you have never tried before, would highly recommend. It’s so yummy. I made very basic but you can make it very rich too. Here’s the simple version.
- Boil milk (use full fat)and then add roasted vermicelli. Stir in between and boil depending on how thick you want.
- Add sugar and boil some again.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and cardamom powder.
- Serve cold or hot depending on weather. I like it hot in winter with Kapil Sharma comedy show . A fun combo.
Eid Mubarak !!!
How is everyone doing? What is life teaching you and are you learning it or resisting it? To me, as you can see it’s middle eastern food now a days. I love to make rava cakes since they are simple, everyone always gets surprised and it gives different texture. Basbousa is middle eastern rava cake and very very simple to make. Here’s the link to recipe I followed:
I was just trying it out so made with 1 cup rava and baked at 375 F for 30 mins in toaster oven and i thought I burned it but it was fine. I might bake at 350 next time and keep an eye. Also when you make sugar syrup, do boil until it’s kind of sticky. Other than that I followed recipe. I loved the cake and couldn’t stop eating it.
If you like to bake or want to learn baking, try it.