Does everyone know turbinado sugar also known as raw sugar? Turbinado sugar is less processed.I use mostly turbinado sugar only and like that it’s expensive because that way I use as needed and just don’t waste it. Made kheer also using it and tasted great, more wholesome. Am sure everyone knows how to make kheer.
I used samo rice and added my good quality saffron and pistachios that I got from Dubai. I keep bragging abt it but it’s really good.Also used good quality full fat milk.
Enjoy in moderation!
Last night while watching master chef India, I got this idea and was excited to try it out. I knew it will taste good and I have brought saffron from Dubai which I have been wanting to try and see if it is good . When I googled , I saw people have already tried this combination.Well, it’s still was new for me. Here’s how I made it.
- Warm or boil milk. Add few strands of saffron. I also added some crushed cardamom seeds.
- Once milk cools down or just warm, add Chia seeds. And keep it aside for an hr or some. I just kept it in fridge overnight.
- Eat for breakfast.Yum !
- It tasted really good and saffron I got from Dubai is really good. Seems high quality. Saffron dissolved in a milk quickly and gave milk nice golden color and saffron flavor.
- If you still haven’t tried Chia seeds , then I have no words. Kick yourself and buy some .:)
- Indian Tukmariya that’s used in falooda is different from Chia seeds.
How is everyone doing ? It’s been a while since I posted here. I have signed up for so many things and then felt overwhelmed just thinking abt all the things. And then unexpected things…I had to sit back and breathe. One of the thing I signed up for is yoga demo at work event and had no clue what I will do. But everything is falling in place and my coworkers agreed to join me which I was amazed. We all are looking forward to it now. This will be the first time I will be leading yoga demo in front of large crowd. It’s an opportunity for me and my coworker to grow. When opportunity knocks the door, you got to grab it.Isn’t it? It might look small but you never know where it will lead. At work, we had done yoga sessions as part of diversity event few years back and so most of the ppl are aware of yoga and had fun. And now we all will go and demo it to others. Isn’t that amazing ? Complete experience from learning to sharing.
Fig season is almost ending and am having a fig festival. What’s the festival without ice cream ? Followed Tarla Dalal’s recipe since it looked very simple and first batch which was experiment is all gone and everyone who tried loved it . One friend said she never had this good ice cream in her life. I used home dried figs. And so ice cream has strong fig flavor.
Here’s the link to recipe :
There’s one little typo in the recipe I think. Total milk is 3.5 cup but recipe uses only 3. I added 3.5 cup . Also I used everything full fat. You can eat little and be satisfied. No reason to eat whole container thinking it’s fat free.
Try it before summer is over.
When you want to take some thing healthy, new and easy to potluck , chia pudding is good. I took this to work today for our monthly birthday celebration. It looked good presentation wise. Here’s how I did it:
- Take chia seeds, little bit oatmeal, raisins and coconut flakes in a bowl.
- Pour unsweetened almond milk over it and keep it in fridge overnight.
- Garnish with some nuts and fruits. Mango will be really good .
- If you like more sweeter , mix honey before garnishing but I would recommend skipping. There’s enough sweetness from raisin and fruits.
- Enjoy !
There’s gonna be lot of fig recipes now since fig tree is loaded and too many ideas are pouring in my head. I might start looking like a fig. Fig tree has become such a celebrity that now ppl ask me how is fig tree ? They don’t ask how am I ? 🙂
Fig shake is too yummy and good for kids too who generally like milk shakes.
- Chop fresh figs , add some milk and little vanilla ice team . Now secret ingredient is flax seeds meal/powder. Add little bit of it. Good source of omega 3 and you don’t notice any taste difference.
- I didn’t add any sugar and it was enough sweet b/c of sweet figs and ice cream.
- Blend everything and that’s it.
- Vanilla ice cream makes it creamy.
- Enjoy !