A friend gave home grown peaches and so tried out this simple dessert. As you know I don’t like to add extra sweetness in neither my food nor speech.
Constructive criticism should always be welcomed . What we do most of the time is I praise you, you praise me and we stay in rut. I have no clue where , how I am coming up with this nonsense too. Ha ha
Coming to recipe, Just roast cut peaches in oven. Sprinkle some cinnamon and eat with vanilla ice cream. You can also grill your peach.
One of My coworker likes everything with chocolate and cheese and always gives me ideas to put them into everything and I dismiss them most of the times. He has been enjoying figs from my tree. Few days back, he told me he saw chocolate covered figs at Trader’s joe and was tempted to buy them. I thought I would try since it’s easy and may be some of you will like them too.
- Since I am just trying it out , I used chocolate chips I had . Melted in microwave with little coconut oil. Check every 30 seconds and mix .
- Let it cool down for few mins. Dip fresh figs in it and put it in refrigerator to set. You can also cover in some nuts .
- This will make a good , innovative dessert for the party. Easy to make and you can make day before.
- Use dark chocolate if possible.
Figs are coming on world famous fig tree that I have . Today made this simple , vegan and nutritious shake .
- Soak Raw almonds over night .
- Morning peel skin and add water , blend.
- Add few fresh figs from garden and blend again.
- Keep consistency the way you like . I ate with spoon. It had right amount of natural sweetness.
- Everyone wants everything more now a days , isn’t it ? More sweet , more spicy , more money , more work , more travel, more food , more nutrition….. never ending list.
- Learn to be happy.
When you crave for brownie and want it like in 5 mins , this quick brownie in a mug will be helpful. Google for recipes and there are plenty. It taste good enough unless you are picky abt your brownie.
Share this mug with someone because it’s so much sugar. As I was mixing ingredients, and saw 1/4 cup sugar in this, I was like omg that’s how much sugar I will eat and on top ice cream . Of course , I did’t eat it all. Also I used coconut oil and raw sugar. I forgot but add some walnuts too.
Involve kids in easy recipes and let them be creative with what kind of nuts they want to mix in .
Enjoy once in a while !
Have been thinking from last few days to make Kheer to use up little left over condensed milk from fig ice cream. When saw all Eid Mubarak everywhere on net, I decided to make sheer khurma. It’s 1 of my favorite dessert.
I won’t give recipe since there are plenty online and it’s very easy to make. If you have never tried this dessert , do try . It’s delicious.