The day or night you want to have light meal and don’t want to cook. Just an idea . Had left over dal and little quinoa in fridge. Warmed that up and with a side of salad made with spring mix, beetroot, Radish, strawberries. Isn’t it simple?
You can use any soup, beans curry you have to add quinoa.
Be creative and use what you have. Also buy , keep some good stuff so easier to make good meals out of it .
When comes to travel, everyone I hear wants to travel to Europe. Europe is huge and so diverse. I wonder if ppl know what they want to see, experience. One of my dream travel is Iran. Until I visit , at least I can make food and eat. May Buddha blesses me.😊 Since am making all this Persian food, hope Iran will invite me.
Recipe I followed is here:
Since am vegetarian, I omitted meat. Here’s how I made it.
- Soak yellow split peas in water for an hr so will cook fast. They are available at most of the American grocery store.
- Cook them in water and a stick of cinnamon until just done and are not mushy.
- On the side, heat olive oil and sauté zucchini sticks like seen in picture for few mins. Cook them lightly and remove on a plate.
- Sauté chopped onion with crushed garlic. Add red chili powder, turmeric, black pepper powder. Add chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Add onion tomato mixture to dal and simmer on low heat. Add salt.
- Add zucchini sticks at the end just before serving.
Drumstick leaves also known as moringa leaves are very nutritious and now a days it falls under super food category. You will see it’s powder in health food stores and at t j max too. One of my friend is very fond of it and she carries powder while traveling for protein. She makes tea with powder and drink it. They are rich in calcium, iron so good for vegetarians like me.
Today first time I found them at new local Indian store and had to buy a bunch. They looked so fresh and so I decided to cook right away and not store in the fridge. I followed recipe from vah re vah and dal came out too good. Must try. So easy to make too.
- Take out just the leaves from drumstick stalks. Take a big bowl with water and immerse them in water. All bad stuff will sink down. Important to rinse and clean them well. Yes, I saw caterpillar and was happy that I was cleaning as suggested.
- Boil Tuvar dal as usual and keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil. Season with mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Throw torn red chilies. Add whole garlic cloves few and then chopped onion. Sauté for 2-3 mins. Add little salt.
- Add leaves and tamarind juice according to how sour you like.
- Add boiled dal. Add some red chili powder, salt.
- Let it boil for few mins. If not enough sour, add some lemon juice.
- Seriously very yummy. I loved it.
- Here’s the link to the video:
Made Ragi dosa from the same batter of Ragi Idli I posted earlier today and they turned out pretty good. When you make something new like this Ragi Idli , Dosa don’t compare with rice Idli, Dosa. Ragi Idli , Dosa will taste different. Comparison is what get us in trouble many times . Everyone and everything is unique and don’t try to be like something else or someone else . Find your uniqness and see how life unfolds.
Made sambhar with drumstick and radish. Then at the end added some cauliflower florets and it made fiber rich , filling sambhar.
Enjoy Ragi Idli, Dosa !
Do you love rice and sambhar but trying to cut back on rice ? This combination taste really good. It’s full of protein, filling and add veggies to sambhar.
You can also eat it like soup. Or take this to work and easy to eat .