Millet with vegetables makes a good lunch in no time and with insta pot it’s super easy.
- Sauté onion, garlic , ginger and any spices you like . You can throw some tomatoes too.
- Add millet and you can also add split dry peas or split chick peas. I added split mung dal. You can add some cooked chickpeas or black beans too.
- Add frozen veggies like green beans , carrots , peas etc.
- Add water and cook for 12 minutes.
- Natural release and that’s it. Lunch ready.
Made this for quick breakfast when there was nothing to eat , busy with work issue and took only 5 minutes.
Had small corn tortillas but you can use what you have . Even Indian roti , paratha will work . Everyone keep frozen corn ? Well , I do.
- Recipe is simple just like any quesadilla.
- Microwave frozen corn, chop some green chili , peppers , onions , cilantro whatever you have .
- Use some Mexican cheese and that’s it.
- You can sprinkle some salt, pepper .
- If you have some salsa or Guacamole, good. I had some fresh avocado so cut it up on side .
- Nice filling breakfast in 5 minutes without any exotic ingredients.
- Being creative helps in life.
Kodo Millet flakes pack i bought at Indian grocery store. You can make poha with it and it’s instant just like our beloved poha. Tasted good.
Sprinkled some flax meal also to add more nutrition, fiber.
I would highly recommend that you try this. I really liked it because I love poha .
If you observe, we tend to say ” don’t do this, don’t do that, this doesn’t go with this that..” All negativity. And then ends up with conflict of what the heck I do ? We hear “think outside the box” but anytime someone thinks outside the box, we call them crazy. At least we can be creative in kitchen and let others be creative too.
So why not Idli served in pasta plate? ha..ha May be Idli with pizza sauce. Endless opportunities..,
Coriander is good for live and also I love coriander so made chutney. I had no coconut but coconut butter. Yes so yummy with coconut butter.
Makes quick nice breakfast.
Enjoy & Save the turkey !
Khamani is generally loaded with oil but it doesn’t need to be . You can make it healthy ,tasty and can enjoy for breakfast. Here’s my variation.
- Soak Chana dal for 3-4 hrs . Chana dal is rich in protein and fiber.
- Grind coarse or I just blended in magic bullet with little water. Batter should be like khaman like thick but liquid.
- Add salt and baking soda or eno and steam for 12-15 mins.
- Heat coconut oil and be little generous here but not too generous either. Add mustard seeds, paste of ginger and extra garlic, green chili paste . Sauté , add hing.
- Add steamed khaman , crumble . Use potato masher if needed. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water or some kind of milk. 2-3 tbsp to make it soft and moist.
- Add sugar, lemon juice according to your taste . Add golden raisin and cashew nuts.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with flax powder , cilantro. Use shredded coconut if you have it . Or you can add some coconut butter too on top.
- Garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds . Skip sev.
- Isn’t it a good breakfast?