Anyone who has gone, going to school, work knows that you are hungry when u get home. Dhokla is so easy to make if you have prepared batter in advance . It’s steamed and you can eat plain with little food quality oil or with chutney or season it. It is also light on tummy.
I make with rice , Urad dal and 1 tbsp Chana dal which gives good taste .
Surprise 1 day your family with nice hot snack.
Just an idea for quick hot breakfast. Zucchini pancake made with chickpea flour and little bit whole wheat flour.
Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and added some chia seeds to it.
Good breakfast isn’t it ?
In today’s instant world, we need instant breakfast recipes too. This corn rava dhokl is instant , tasty and hmmm not too nutritious. There’s some corn and cilantro in it. Add some chutney with it to add some nutrition and sprinkle some pomegranate on it , Recipe here:
I used frozen corn and microwaved it . Also added some frozen corn in batter to add little something to chew in it.
Easy breezy sunny breakfast. Remember brown coconut I buy and store pieces in freezer? They are so useful . Coconut milk is very tasty and easy to make at home if you have coconut and it’s easy to find coconut now a days . Mango is also everywhere now. Here’s how i made it:
- Take few coconut pieces in blender, add some warm water and blend. Now strain.
- Take a bowl with chia seeds, add your coconut milk, add some left over pulp back. Fiber is good. And you will have some coconut pieces to chew. Remember digestion starts in mouth.
- Add fresh chopped mango.
- That’s it. Skip extra sweetener.
- We got so used to everything extra sweet that we don’t taste natural sweetness.
- You can mix coconut and chia at night and just add mango in the morning .
- Sometimes I take this to work for a breakfast.
Sun is shining on Muthiya. Can you tell from the picture? Muthiya turned out good so had to share here. First time I made using spring onion and reason is spring onions in spring are so cheap , fresh and so I like to use them in everything. Recipe is same as any other Muthiya .
- Rinse and chop spring onions and keep it aside.
- Take a bow and mix instant oats, besan, rava and whole wheat flour. I didn’t measure and it was kinda all same amount.
- Add your usual spices, chopped spring onion, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add a some plain yogurt , tbsp of oil and mix everything. If needed , add some water.
- Make Muthiya and steam for 15 mins.
- Enjoy with little good quality coconut oil or sesame oil on top.