Never heard of oat salsa pancake ? Same here until today. What a find ! It tasted really good . I am making it again .
Here’s how it happened: First I got hungry early morning and then wanted to eat something made of oatmeal and hot but not sweet meaning spicy.
Few options came to mind and then thought I will make pancake with veggies , spices.
- Grind Some oatmeal and added some chickpea flour. Add water and make batter.
- Add veggies of your choice . I looked into fridge and found green onion, green pepper , cilantro.
- Add salt, cumin seeds.
- Now I checked fridge again for tomato and found some left Over salsa from y’day’s Mexican restaurant pick up. Voila, let’s just add that instead of tomato.
Pancake came out so tasty that I myself was surprised . If you don’t have salsa just add tomato, onion etc.
Be creative. God is creative!
Do you like to use different grains, seeds or just stick to rice and bread ? It’s good to have variety unless you are doing mono diet for few days.
Buckwheat is not a grain.
Buckwheat with vegetables and spices cooked in instant pot and topped with some roasted cashews. Easy breezy meal.
Are you trying to eat beetroot but can’t stand color or taste ? Try cutlet.
- Take boiled 1 beetroot or if it’s raw , shred it . Mix it with 1 or 2 boiled potatoes .
- Add ginger , garlic , dry spices you like , cilantro, mint leaves whatever you like and what you have .
- Add some bread crumbs and see if you can make cutlet .
- Coat with bread crumbs and Shallow fry in coconut oil.
- You can have it with salad to make a full meal.
- I started eating beetroot regularly because it helps with hikes.
- If you are looking for a reason , then it’s very yummy. There’s some research done on it helping lower blood pressure too .
- If you never had beetroot, start slow. Eat a slice of it.
- We don’t need so much of everything. Little goes a long way.
Millet Poha is flattened millet. You just wash it with water and mix with your cooked vegetables. I made it Indian way with potatoes and peanuts.
Roasted Asparagus on the side . Eating some lightly cooked vegetables everyday helps system stay clean.
You don’t want to be in a state where only input and no output . You know what am taking abt, right?
Millet with vegetables makes a good lunch in no time and with insta pot it’s super easy.
- Sauté onion, garlic , ginger and any spices you like . You can throw some tomatoes too.
- Add millet and you can also add split dry peas or split chick peas. I added split mung dal. You can add some cooked chickpeas or black beans too.
- Add frozen veggies like green beans , carrots , peas etc.
- Add water and cook for 12 minutes.
- Natural release and that’s it. Lunch ready.