Khamani is generally loaded with oil but it doesn’t need to be . You can make it healthy ,tasty and can enjoy for breakfast. Here’s my variation.
- Soak Chana dal for 3-4 hrs . Chana dal is rich in protein and fiber.
- Grind coarse or I just blended in magic bullet with little water. Batter should be like khaman like thick but liquid.
- Add salt and baking soda or eno and steam for 12-15 mins.
- Heat coconut oil and be little generous here but not too generous either. Add mustard seeds, paste of ginger and extra garlic, green chili paste . Sauté , add hing.
- Add steamed khaman , crumble . Use potato masher if needed. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water or some kind of milk. 2-3 tbsp to make it soft and moist.
- Add sugar, lemon juice according to your taste . Add golden raisin and cashew nuts.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with flax powder , cilantro. Use shredded coconut if you have it . Or you can add some coconut butter too on top.
- Garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds . Skip sev.
- Isn’t it a good breakfast?
Figs are coming on world famous fig tree that I have . Today made this simple , vegan and nutritious shake .
- Soak Raw almonds over night .
- Morning peel skin and add water , blend.
- Add few fresh figs from garden and blend again.
- Keep consistency the way you like . I ate with spoon. It had right amount of natural sweetness.
- Everyone wants everything more now a days , isn’t it ? More sweet , more spicy , more money , more work , more travel, more food , more nutrition….. never ending list.
- Learn to be happy.
Rava Idli With coconut chutney and some soaked chia seeds. Chia seeds will go in last spoon of chutney or you can add before hand too. Your choice or kid’s choice.
I love coconut chutney I make . Goodness of fresh coconut, cilantro leaves , curry leaves . Yum. I can finish a bowl of chutney.
Just some lunch idea.
Bataka Poha doesn’t have much nutrition. I liked the idea of serving on a bed of spring mix. Add some greens with it and it adds some nutrition, looks nice and taste good too. Try it out next time .
Anyone who has gone, going to school, work knows that you are hungry when u get home. Dhokla is so easy to make if you have prepared batter in advance . It’s steamed and you can eat plain with little food quality oil or with chutney or season it. It is also light on tummy.
I make with rice , Urad dal and 1 tbsp Chana dal which gives good taste .
Surprise 1 day your family with nice hot snack.