Easy breezy sunny breakfast. Remember brown coconut I buy and store pieces in freezer? They are so useful . Coconut milk is very tasty and easy to make at home if you have coconut and it’s easy to find coconut now a days . Mango is also everywhere now. Here’s how i made it:
- Take few coconut pieces in blender, add some warm water and blend. Now strain.
- Take a bowl with chia seeds, add your coconut milk, add some left over pulp back. Fiber is good. And you will have some coconut pieces to chew. Remember digestion starts in mouth.
- Add fresh chopped mango.
- That’s it. Skip extra sweetener.
- We got so used to everything extra sweet that we don’t taste natural sweetness.
- You can mix coconut and chia at night and just add mango in the morning .
- Sometimes I take this to work for a breakfast.
Sun is shining on Muthiya. Can you tell from the picture? Muthiya turned out good so had to share here. First time I made using spring onion and reason is spring onions in spring are so cheap , fresh and so I like to use them in everything. Recipe is same as any other Muthiya .
- Rinse and chop spring onions and keep it aside.
- Take a bow and mix instant oats, besan, rava and whole wheat flour. I didn’t measure and it was kinda all same amount.
- Add your usual spices, chopped spring onion, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add a some plain yogurt , tbsp of oil and mix everything. If needed , add some water.
- Make Muthiya and steam for 15 mins.
- Enjoy with little good quality coconut oil or sesame oil on top.
Yes yes am on moringo band vegan. I had bought huge bunch and so trying out different recipes. I also bought seeds from amazon so I will even plant them. Again recipe is from vahrevah and it’s very simple. I made some changes. Here’s what I did.
- Soak brown rice with tuvar dal and Chana dal adding few whole red chilies. I used same quantity of rice and 2 dals. You should be able to use any dal you like. I soaked for 3-4 hrs.
- Before blending, add few curry leaves and I added few small pieces of coconuts. Blend everything with little water. Keep it thick and coarse.
- Add salt , little hing and lots of chopped moringa leaves.
- Now cook on tava. First time cover with lid and second time cook uncovered. It takes time to cook.
- Enjoy with chutney and sambhar. I had with y’day’s left over moringa dal.
- You can make batter previous night and make in the morning for breakfast to eat with chutney.
- I think you should be able to make methi puda replacing methi with moringo.
- Moringo/drumstick leaves are very nutritious if you don’t know yet.
Here’s the link:
Rava dhokla is generally termed as instant dhokla but as I was making it, realized that it’s not really instant. Nothing is instant. It takes 9 months to form a human body. It takes time for seeds to germinate and become plant. Today’s world everyone is looking for instant everything… does life work that way? We end up with roller coaster ride in all instant happiness, instant gratification what not. It takes 12 years to even start learning what yoga is. So why this dhokla is not instant? You have to soak rava for 30 mins and then steam 12-15 mins. You have to eat this instantly though else won’t taste good and also become hard, chewy.😀
I followed Tarla Dalal’s recipe and turned out yummy.
It’s so cold here and I know many of the places around the world. We all are trying to bundle up and go to work . You know we pay money for adventures, and sometimes we can do adventure right at home.Going to work in this cold freezing weather itself is an adventure. This hearty breakfast will help according to me surviving this bitter cold. I like to have more protein in winter. Naturally you are tempted to eat more beans , lentils if you are vegetarian. Who wants lemonade or watermelon in winter ? Not me. Hot cup of Lemon water.. sure.
Ok, so recipe is awesome and if you check video by vah re vah chef , you will enjoy more . Here’s the link:
This is how I made it:
- Soak whole mung overnight. Everything is available every where now a days and mung is even available on Amazon. Or visit Indian store, Asian market, world markets.
- Blend mung beans with ginger , garlic , chili. Everything is optional. If you don’t like spices, just add salt only. Add pinch of turmeric again optional but I know many ppl are trying to add turmeric in the diet for all its wonderful benefits so kill 1 more bird at the same time.
- Now chop some onion, cilantro , bell pepper, ginger and add salt. You can add any veggies you like but chop them fine or shredd.
- Now the fun part . Keep an egg handy.
- Heat a skillet and spread some coconut oil or olive oil.
- Spread mung dal mixture like pancake.
- Crack open an egg and spread on pancake or dosa , Chila whatever u call it.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder.
- Now add your veggie mix.
- Cover and cook for few mins.
- Turn and cook again. Cook it well and this will take some time to cook.
- Isn’t that simple and rich with protein? Mung beans and egg both has good protein.
- Enjoy with ketchup. I didn’t had any.
- Do watch video , you will love it.
- Enjoy cold, freezing days.
- By the way , winter is a good time for meditation.
- Enjoy !