Have you seen these big dry Lima beans in regular American grocery stores? This is the first time I bought them. They have 3-4 kind of dry Lima beans variety. I bought big white ones because they have highest Amt of iron. 30% according to pkg. Lima beans have distinct taste but this one turned out mild not like Indian ones. Here’s how I cooked.
- Soak them in water for 7-8 hrs and pressure cook for 3 whistles. They cooked pretty quick for their size.
- Heat oil, crack few mustard seeds and add chopped tomatoes and cook.
- Add usual spices, salt. I added little sambhar powder too.
- Pour cooked beans with its water and simmer on medium for few mins.
- Garnish with cilantro or like me add some spinach leaves at the end.
- Yum ! Try it out whatever way you like.
- If you have been following this space, you know Lima beans are associated with planet Venus so what better day than cooking on Friday? Please planet Venus / shukra dev while pleasing your palate.
- Enjoy !