Let’s try to plan a dinner menu which will be nutritious, fun, easy and astrologically harmonious too.
Sunday: Rajma + wheat paratha with a side of tomato, onion, avocado, lettuce, cucumber, carrot salad.
Monday: Mung dal with cauliflower, roti and side of same kind of sunday salad. https://justlunchideas.com/2013/03/17/mung-dal-with-cauliflower/
Tuesday: Masoor with roti and side of steamed or roasted vegetables like mushroom,broccoli, carrot, colored peppers etc.
Wednesday: Mung sprouts with roti and side of salad, tomato soup or tomato rasam. (Start your sporut process on Tuesday morning)
Thursday: Kala Chana (Black chickpeas) curry with paratha and side of steamed or roasted veggies.
Friday: Lima beans or any kind of beans with your choice of salad or veggies.
Saturday: Black beans burritos (exception here) or urad dal with roti. Some links for saturday recipes:
In india, 7 week days are named for 7 planets and each planet is assigned color, food, gem, season etc. and it all comes under vedic astrology. When someone doesn’t know what to cook for dinner then you will hear “oh, today is wed. so let’s just make mung” or on thursdat, chickpeas etc. Today, i want to talk abt color though. Let’s start with the list. Some of the things are what i have observed and my thoughts.
When you don’t know what to wear, follow this color guidelines and wear the color of the day. You can wear shirt, top or just throw a scarf of the color of the day. Also can pick different shades in those colors. It makes it fun and will help you harmonize with the energy of the day. These are no hard, fast rules. Have fun with it and see what it does to you.
- Sunday – Planet Sun. Color – Orange is generally what everywhere written but besides orange, i would say golden like golden rays of sun. So wear orange or golden.
- Monday – Planet Moon. Color – White. You can also wear some pearl jewellery.
- Tuesday – Planet Mars. Color – Red. I couldn’t wear red in summer. It just makes it very hot being fiery color.
- Wednesday – Planet Mercury. Color – Green.
- Thursday – Planet Jupiter. Color – Yellow.
- Friday – Planet Venus. Color – White, Sky Blue White is what you will read mostly everywhere but i feel it’s sky blue color.
- Saturn – Planet Saturn. Color – Black. Again, you will see black everywhere but if you are going thro gloom phase anyway, then i would suggest Royal Blue. The way i see it is, sometimes you need to just embrace black in life and if you have hard time with embracing darkness, then wear black and if you find yourself gloomy most of the time, wear royal blue. Have you seen picture of “shani dev” ? He is riding on crow(black) and his body is royal blue.
As you wear this colors, observer what color makes you uncomfortable and what color agrees with you. If you learn something new with this experiment, do share your insights.
Picture is of full moon from my home. Sometimes moon rays will fall into my home , making it look very pretty on full moon day.
And yes, i am wearing white and pearl today. 🙂
Check out my other posts on astrology, life.
Yoga For Planets – Vedic Astrology
Let’s figure out how to increase energy of planet using food. Starting with Jupiter or what we call Guru with guru’s blessings. Todays is also Thursday which is a day of Jupiter according to vedic astrology.My guru keeps telling me to integrate astrology in food knowing my interest in astrology.So here we go.
You will think what’s the connection of food with astrology?Well, Astrology was taught as part of ayurveda in ancient times. And as we know food is a big part of Ayurveda and hence it’s connection with astrology.
- Jupiter is abt expansion basically like expanding your knowledge, skills, experiences etc and its color is yellow and taste is sweet. It’s a kapha planet in ayurveda.
- Jupiter is associated with 3rd chakra Manipura in Yoga.
- In Chinese Medicine, yellow color is associated with element earth and corresponds to spleen and stomach.
So if you have “low” Jupiter energy, here’s the list of food that will help. You can eat once a week on Thursday or make them part of your diet.
- Yellow Dal like Chana dal.
- All sweet fruits in general and yellow like fresh mango, apricot and avocado too.
- Yellow vegetables like yellow tomatoes, yellow pepper, yellow squashes,yellow corn.
- Wheat, barley and oat are good grains to eat since they are sweet.
- Soak 2-3 almonds overnight. Peel and eat in the morning.
Picture above is of chana dal with cabbage which is a good option to eat for Thursday dinner.
And i made mango bread last weekend which gave me this idea of starting astrology series.
Hope you all will enjoy this series !