Manchurian is Indo Chinese and can be made with cauliflower, mushroom, paneer etc etc . It’s deep fried , and too many steps, so I never made it home before .
Finally made it at home and it came out good. What I liked best was the sauce. It is sweet, sour , spicy. If you never had it before or want to try , do try . All ingredients are easily available and don’t need special trip to Indian store . Plenty of recipes online so I won’t repeat.
- You can serve it on bed of greens and put some cucumber , tomatoes , onions etc slices around to make a meal out of it .
- If you make more sauce then you can have it over rice or quinoa.
- Makes a good appetizer.
- If you have air fryer , this will be a good dish to make. I am considering buying one.
- Or like me just have some mangoes on the side and call it a nice dinner .
Millet Poha or may be it’s called millet flakes too is very handy. Quick and easy when you want to take break from rice , wheat. This Poha tasted very good.
- Crackled some cumin seeds in hot oil.
- Add sliced onion, colored pepper , mushroom, corn etc etc.
- Oh and some chopped green chili for that kick.
- Sauté , cook for few mins so crunch is still there.
- Add some cashew nuts and then washed Poha.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and give it a good mix.
- Sprinkle some cilantro leaves and squeeze some lemon.
- Very Yummy.
- If you are working from home , this makes a good lunch in 15- 20 minutes .
If you keep cooked black beans or pinto beans in freezer , this makes a quick lunch.
- Season beans with salt, pepper , crushed pepper .
- Top with lettuce , tomatoes, onion, cucumber ,cilantro, black olives , salsa.
- Some avocado , cheese , sour cream or yogurt .
- Serve with few chips on the side.