Do you know what makes you happy? If you are always saying I don’t like this, this makes me mad etc etc then think of what you want , what you like , what makes you happy etc etc . That’s what I call positive thinking. Today tea and hot onion pakoda made me happy.
If you are non-Indian and love onion rings , do try this Indian version . It’s yummy. Here’s my recipe.
- Slice onions thinly. Add chickpea flour.
- Add red chilli powder, pinch of baking soda, salt. You can add little bit caraway (Ajmo) seeds, chopped cilantro.
- Mix well and add water little by little .
- You want all onion rings coated with batter.
- Heat oil and deep fry them at medium heat.
- Alternatively you can make batter separate and cut thin round onion rings. Dip each one in batter just before you fry it in oil.
- Serve with ketchup and Indian tea. Or just enjoy your hard work.
- Enjoy !
Why is it called Mexican dhokla? I don’t know. May be because it has corn. Basically it’s mung dal dhokla with corn . Combination sounds yummy , isn’t it? Seems like new it dhokla in gujarat. I saw on tv channel too.
It has no rice, doesn’t need fermentation and mung dal is easy to digest. Taste is good. Remember it will taste different so it’s not an alternative to other dhokla. No comparison. Comparison create all kinda problems for no reason. We have tendency to compare talents, wealth , health what not. Work on bringing out your own talent , get what you need not what other people got. And see if you can be little bit more happier.
Here’s the recipe I followed.
Came across this website A boy who travels which I enjoyed very much and so of course had to share here. Do check it out. It has nice tips , stories of traveling without any plan and how things fall in place. It has very nice pictures too.
Other thing I came across is kheer Ganga trek which looks so good.
Kheer Ganga Trek
Now in India also, lot of places to go hike , trek over the weekend and I see people doing it. I even saw girls only trek. It was nice to see all girls actually going on treks. So many opportunities now a days and so many options .If you still haven’t started venturing out , time to start looking .
I don’t know abt you all, but I do get inspired.
Enjoy ! (Come back and share your story)
Don’t we go Gaga over when we see herbed water , flavored water outside at hotels , restaurants or may be your company provides like mine? And you hardly taste any flavor in that water. If you do like them, it’s so easy to make it at home. In summer , it will be soo good and if you are having ppl over , they would love it too. You may get some vitamins also from it too. Do you really need recipe?
- Take filtered water in a glass jar.
- Throw some mint leaves. You can also add some citrus rings of lemon, orange , grapefruit whatever you have. Wash it well though and use organic if possible.
- I used mint leaves and Lemon grass both growing at home in pot.
- Let it sit for 30 mins and you can start drinking .
- Simple , calorie free and mint gave a good , refreshing flavor.
- You can also take some leaves at work and throw in water bottle or you can make tea by adding hot water at work.
- Mint is cooling and so good in summer .
- Enjoy !
At my work, today our group got some crayons in mail from company and email with some pictures that we can print and color. It was called coloring for adults and it helps with depression, improves concentration. I totally agree.
It helps you to focus and when you are coloring you forget everything else including food , if you are going through challenges in life or too much going into your head, then it will help clear your head. If you are so much of a logic person, then it will help to activate artistic side.
So if you looked at the picture, you might be wondering why am I coloring giraffe blue? Think of it this way: I am given a picture and set of creyons to color. Now it’s upto me how I color it. Who said I have to color it brown only? Think of life the same way. You have a picture and set of colors . These are the only things you are given but you can play with them any way you like.Color your life the way you like. Open your mind . It doesn’t need to be like anyone else ‘s. Your life , your colors, your picture.
If you have your kids’ color book , try it. Or get one for yourself . There are some yantra books to color too.