To make fun meal is easy if you apply little creativity. Take 1 main dish and then play around with sides.
When I make chhole , I make extra. You can eat chhole so many different ways.
- Had left over roti dough so fried some puri and while oil is hot , you can fry some Papad. Little salad , yogurt , pickle on the side and it becomes nice fun meal .
- Kulcha is easy to make and made some dal , left over little chhole and voila another good meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- You can buy some samosas and make samosa chat.
- Or make some tiki chat.
Be creative and have fun making a meal.
Dhokla is a steamed spicy cake. Our diet is heavy on white rice and wheat flour so It’s a good idea to include other millets , grains regularly.
Used Millet which is also known as Samo rice. There are plenty of recipes out there so pick the one you like. Samo rice is generally eaten during fast but you don’t need to fast to eat this or wait for those special days. You can make any time.
When you see a recipe or picture of item and if you like it, what do you do?
Keep the answer to yourself.
Here’s my observation..majority will do nothing , throw some nonsense.
Very few ppl will actually take the idea and will make it. If you are in this category, good job. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder.
Gujarati Patudi is a very very tasty dish but it’s a arm workout too. If you never had it , do try it out if you find it . Frozen ones are no good so look for fresh ones.
It’s made with chickpea flour , yogurt and need exact measurements of ingredients. And it does need some cooking skill . I don’t make it and I do appreciate the family , friends who have made for me . I just relish at those times.
I do know how to make it . Anything that I love ,I try to learn it even if I don’t make it often. Cooking is an art and you can actually learn a lot from cooking . Have an open mind and try new things. Spend some money , time on good ingredients.
Pepper sandwich is what I named but in Ahmedabad , Gujarat this sandwich seems to be very popular and it’s called Gughra sandwich. I never had it but you tube kept showing it and so I had to try. Actually, garden produced so many green peppers so I needed to use them.
And I forgot to take picture of filling. Oh well. Main ingredient is green pepper but then in gujarat colored peppers are not easily available. But here in my area plenty of colored peppers so I used it . This is my version :
- Make cilantro , mint chutney first.
- For filling chop red onion and green pepper finely. You can add some colored pepper too.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves, salt and pepper, chat masala and crushed red pepper flakes or finely chopped green chili. Or both.
- Take good quality bread and butter. Very imp.
- Spread butter , chutney . Put filling and add cheese .
- Spread butter and chutney on another slice too.
- Grill, toast whatever in butter .
- That’s it. What’s not to taste good here ?
Fig season is almost ending. Got few figs y’day and a new idea. We make Halwa with sooji and ppl make pineapple or mango flavored. So why not fig? Also sooji absorbs so much liquid so fig with so much water I can just add it all and use up figs. Recipe is very simple.
- Heat ghee or unsalted bitter
- Roast sooji in it.
- Make a purée of fresh figs.
- Add it to roasted sooji and keep stirring . It will become dry in no time.
- You can use 1 part sooji to 2 part fresh figs purée.
- If needed add some sugar.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and some nuts.
- Halwa came out well.
- Enjoy !