Winter is here . It’s been pretty cold here and so calls for winter food to keep warm. In India , there are certain foods available during winter and some special things are made to enjoy in winter but you need to workout to really enjoy those food. Here’s example of few everyday meals.
- Methi / fenugreek bhaji. We use to make curry or dhebra, thepla.
- Pearl Millet/ Bajra is warm and so generally eaten for winter dinner.
- Root vegetables . Carrot , yam, winter squashes
- All kind of spices are good in winter.
- Yogurt, Rice are very cooling so eat less of it. Quinoa will be better. Kadhi is ok.
- Date with nuts. 2nd picture. Sauté chopped dates in ghee or coconut oil just for few minutes. Add nuts , cardamom powder. This is my favorite to eat in winter.
- All kind of nuts are good in winter. Of course in moderation.
- More protein so we generally eat more of beans. Urad dal, masoor , kidney beans are high in protein and so good in winter .
- I like to hike in winter since it warms you up in few minutes.
What do you eat and what are your winter activities?