Pepper sandwich is what I named but in Ahmedabad , Gujarat this sandwich seems to be very popular and it’s called Gughra sandwich. I never had it but you tube kept showing it and so I had to try. Actually, garden produced so many green peppers so I needed to use them.
And I forgot to take picture of filling. Oh well. Main ingredient is green pepper but then in gujarat colored peppers are not easily available. But here in my area plenty of colored peppers so I used it . This is my version :
- Make cilantro , mint chutney first.
- For filling chop red onion and green pepper finely. You can add some colored pepper too.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves, salt and pepper, chat masala and crushed red pepper flakes or finely chopped green chili. Or both.
- Take good quality bread and butter. Very imp.
- Spread butter , chutney . Put filling and add cheese .
- Spread butter and chutney on another slice too.
- Grill, toast whatever in butter .
- That’s it. What’s not to taste good here ?