Fig season is almost ending. Got few figs y’day and a new idea. We make Halwa with sooji and ppl make pineapple or mango flavored. So why not fig? Also sooji absorbs so much liquid so fig with so much water I can just add it all and use up figs. Recipe is very simple.
- Heat ghee or unsalted bitter
- Roast sooji in it.
- Make a purée of fresh figs.
- Add it to roasted sooji and keep stirring . It will become dry in no time.
- You can use 1 part sooji to 2 part fresh figs purée.
- If needed add some sugar.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and some nuts.
- Halwa came out well.
- Enjoy !