Brown rice Uttapam came out so soft and fluffy that I was highly impressed . I think it’s because batter was fermented well. I hardly get impressed so when I get impressed or something grabs my attention, it has to be special.
Here’s how I made batter.
3 part brown rice ( I use mahatma brand)
1 part urad dal
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Soak everything together for 5-6 hrs. Yes, wash it .
- Grind it and then leave it 24 hrs to ferment.
- Make uttapam with onion, cilantro, tomatoes topping .
- Good easy lunch if you started batter process day before .
- Remember to make your favorite chutney.