Pepper sandwich is what I named but in Ahmedabad , Gujarat this sandwich seems to be very popular and it’s called Gughra sandwich. I never had it but you tube kept showing it and so I had to try. Actually, garden produced so many green peppers so I needed to use them.
And I forgot to take picture of filling. Oh well. Main ingredient is green pepper but then in gujarat colored peppers are not easily available. But here in my area plenty of colored peppers so I used it . This is my version :
- Make cilantro , mint chutney first.
- For filling chop red onion and green pepper finely. You can add some colored pepper too.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves, salt and pepper, chat masala and crushed red pepper flakes or finely chopped green chili. Or both.
- Take good quality bread and butter. Very imp.
- Spread butter , chutney . Put filling and add cheese .
- Spread butter and chutney on another slice too.
- Grill, toast whatever in butter .
- That’s it. What’s not to taste good here ?
Fig season is almost ending. Got few figs y’day and a new idea. We make Halwa with sooji and ppl make pineapple or mango flavored. So why not fig? Also sooji absorbs so much liquid so fig with so much water I can just add it all and use up figs. Recipe is very simple.
- Heat ghee or unsalted bitter
- Roast sooji in it.
- Make a purée of fresh figs.
- Add it to roasted sooji and keep stirring . It will become dry in no time.
- You can use 1 part sooji to 2 part fresh figs purée.
- If needed add some sugar.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and some nuts.
- Halwa came out well.
- Enjoy !
First you need fresh figs (and don’t show up at my door 😀)
Stuff the fig with goat cheese.
Top it with some finely chopped walnut.
Bake in oven for few minutes until heated through.
Important step: Make sure they are warm and not so hot . Have patience before you pop that fig in your mouth. Yeah .. speaking from experience. Or you will burn your mouth.
Figs with goat cheese is a very good combo. Made fig jam with home grown figs. I just chop figs and add clove , cinnamon , little lemon juice , pinch of salt and boil the mixture until it looks little dry.
May be it’s not jam but I like it this way and no extra sugar . Natural flavor of fig with hint of cinnamon and clove .
To make sandwich , spread fig jam, goat cheese and put some arugula.
Toast it . Simple yummy sandwich.
Use a good bread .
Never heard of oat salsa pancake ? Same here until today. What a find ! It tasted really good . I am making it again .
Here’s how it happened: First I got hungry early morning and then wanted to eat something made of oatmeal and hot but not sweet meaning spicy.
Few options came to mind and then thought I will make pancake with veggies , spices.
- Grind Some oatmeal and added some chickpea flour. Add water and make batter.
- Add veggies of your choice . I looked into fridge and found green onion, green pepper , cilantro.
- Add salt, cumin seeds.
- Now I checked fridge again for tomato and found some left Over salsa from y’day’s Mexican restaurant pick up. Voila, let’s just add that instead of tomato.
Pancake came out so tasty that I myself was surprised . If you don’t have salsa just add tomato, onion etc.
Be creative. God is creative!