Do you like to use different grains, seeds or just stick to rice and bread ? It’s good to have variety unless you are doing mono diet for few days.
Buckwheat is not a grain.
Buckwheat with vegetables and spices cooked in instant pot and topped with some roasted cashews. Easy breezy meal.
Mediation meaning silent observation. If you are interested in starting practice , here’s some steps, tips.
- Fix a time . Morning , evening whatever it is fix it and stick to it.
- Decide duration . 5, 10 , 20 , 30 minutes. Whatever it is. There’s no right or wrong.
- Decide days . Once a week or everyday .
- Decide place where you will sit down.
- Get a pillow like shown in picture and make a triangle. It will take pressure off from back and you will be able to sit comfortably.
- Hands/fingers in Gyan Mudra.
- No need of timer , just sit down with eyes closed and observe . When you are done , you are done .
- You can just observe your breath and count breath from 5 to 1 in the beginning of practice .
- You can fast or take a laxative before starting practice.
- Your birthday or that date in any month is a good time to start.
- This post is result of mediation.
Easy , quick sandwich you can make for any meal. I think kids will love it.
- Just sauté onion , spinach , corn in butter. I added garlic and green chili too for kick. Add salt. You can add mushroom too.
Cool the mix and add cheese.
Spread some mashed avocado if you have on bread and then spread spinach corn mix.
Isnt it simple and quick?
You can use tortillas if you don’t have bread.
Basically Dalma is dal with vegetables is what I learned from watching few you tube videos. Good 1 pot meal and Dalma is little mild on spices .
I did make fresh spice mixture for it.
- Used tuvar dal plus little mung dal. Boil dal with little turmeric powder , ginger .
- Vegetables what I had – eggplant , potato , carrot, drumstick, tomatoes. Pumpkin will taste good if you have it.
- Vegetables are cut in big chunks to retain shape .
- I cooked dal first in instant pot and then added vegetables and cooked 5 more minutes.
- Season with ghee, cumin seeds, red chili.
- Dry Roasted red chilies, cinnamon, black pepper and cumin seeds. Make a powder and use this like garam masala .
- Remember to add salt.
- Since I never had Dalma , don’t know what it taste like but am sure one day I will have opportunity to taste authentic Dalma.
- With all vegetables, it’s a very filling meal.
- If you are fond of different kind of dals , try it.
If you like Mexican food , then cook black beans or pinto beans. And then you can make different things for 2-3 days.
I make quesadillas, burrito , taco salad , enchiladas etc . So many options if I have cooked beans handy.
If you are a planner , then very good . Get all ingredients including avocado and you can make at least 2 meals out if it .
I have avocado but it’s not ripe yet. Bummer .