American chop suey is indo Chinese and popular in India. Growing up most of my generation probably relished on this .
It’s pretty easy to make. This is how I made after watching few you tube videos .
- Heat oil and add chopped garlic and ginger .
- Sauté shredded cabbage , carrot , colored peppers, onion, white part of green onion for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add ketchup, soya sauce , chili sauce(I added sriracha) . Sauces depending on your taste.
- Take a spoonful of non gmo corn starch and dilute with water. Add this to vegetable and add some water or stock.
- Boil for few minutes and keep consistency not too thin and not too thick. Adjust salt, sugar . Should be sweet, spicy, sour.
- Sprinkle green part of geeen onion.
- Now for noodles, boil noodles, drain and then sprinkle little corn starch.
- Shallow fry or deep fry noodles and make them crunchy.
- Serve noodles topped with sauce .