How do you do grocery shopping? What’s the strategy? If you don’t have strategy, now is the time. Reduce your trip to grocery stores. Sharing some of my tips which I always do and I am still able to do same.
- Buy fresh produce, fruits 1st . There are some vegetables, fruits which will stay good for longer on counter , fridge and some fruits need some ripening time.
- Mix and match. Buy some vegetables like potatoes,sweet potatoes, pepper , carrots , winter squashes that will stay good after a week. Produce that goes bad quickly eat them first. Like spinach and other greens.
- Oranges , apples etc will last for a while. Berries eat first.
- Then buy some frozen vegetables. When no fresh produce , you can use them . You still have those root vegetables to eat.
- Buy beans in a bag not the containers of cooked bins. Cans are for emergency. Raw Beans soaked and cooked makes a lot. Good protein. You don’t need to be vegetarian to eat beans.
- If you have rice , quinoa, few different flour stored, then you will reduce grocery trips.
- Try to make bread at home.
- Shop your pantry . You might find good things that you can eat.
- Start garden and see what you can grow.