If you look around on social media or anywhere on net , everyone is reviewing a decade and posting pictures to glorify themselves. We all know life is a school and presents challenges, lessons to learn to all of us.
So if you have messed up life or any part of life , it’s ok. We all mess up things , make mistakes . Sit back, breathe , relax and ask God/universe to show you a way. There’s always a way to be happy, at peace. It might not be the way you like but who cares. Whatever works. Most imp is your willingness to make change.
My teacher always says birthday is your new year and not calendar new year. So Don’t let social media deceive you.
Have fun !
Picture is of “Dahi Puri chaat” I made . If you never had Indian chaat, you must try. It has all the flavors. You don’t need to go to India to have a taste of it in today’s world . So try it. If you like it, you can throw a chaat party. You can buy everything at Indian store and ppl will have fun putting it together, trying to put whole “puri” in a mouth.
Pasta cooked in butternut squash sauce in 10 minutes, vegan friendly, only 1 pot to clean, you can feed bunch of ppl , nutrients from butternut squash and taste so good. With all this advantages it’s a deal to grab for intelligent,smart ppl. Alright , I just tried my hands on to develop some marketing skill. Jokes apart, this dish is really good.
You can also make on stove top.
Here’s the link to recipe:
- Sautéed chopped red onion, garlic ,Italian seasoning in insta pot for 2 minutes in coconut oil.
- Add water or stock. Throw chopped butternut squash. I took time to peel, chop whole butternut squash using my new big knife.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes. Release manually. And mash squash.
- Add pasta, more water , spinach, salt.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes and release naturally.
- While it’s cooking soak some raw cashews in water. And then blend to purée.
- Open insta pot, put it on sauté mode and add cashew purée to make pasta creamy . You can also add some whole roasted cashews at the end to make it exotic.
- Sprinkle some crushed red pepper if you like spicy.
- Serve with additional cheese if you like or skip to keep it vegan.
- With a side of soup, makes a good ,fun meal
- Good for kid’s lunch.
- Do you know we need more vitamin A in winter? Butternut squash ,spinach will provide vitamin A.
- Use good quality pasta to make it more nutrient rich. I hardly eat pasta so just used regular ones.
2020 sounds very good, isn’t it ? Sounds like it will be a good year. There will be bigger, better, new things. Think of new ideas , new things you would like to do in 2020 . Or also if something on your mind for a long time , work on it and finish it off or let go.
There’s still time so finish off old things, clean up whatever it means to you. A friend mentioned 2020 meaning clear vision so we should have clear vision for 2020. Sometimes it helps to put it down /write down on a paper. Like write down 3 things you would like to do in 2020. It could be you want to learn a new skill , take a trip to the place that’s been calling you for so long or you want to deal with some fear or the yoga class you have been wanting to join or you want to start meditating. Whatever it is , put it down on a paper and keep it where you can see everyday. Opportunity will come and so make sure you grab it.
Go in 2020 with a style .😀 And step up your game for 2020.
When we went to chardham , day before our 1st Yamunotri Hike , I asked ppl at camp , what will we have to eat when we come back from hike ? They said they can make tea and onion pakora. Since than Tea and Pakora has stayed with me. I did last minute Tea Pakora party at Diwali. Since than I wanted to do for my colleagues too since they like Indian food.
What’s the better time than Christmas? I made variety of pakoras starting with potato. Then onion, chili, okra , egg plant . Everyone enjoyed it with Indian tea with cardamom. I kept spice level low so everyone can enjoy. Expect chili Pakora of course. Had green chutney , ketchup to go with pakoras.
It’s very easy to throw this simple party. Needs little or no advanced preparations .
Most beautiful part , it rained. Tea and pakoras are enjoyed in India when it rains . So it turned perfect and we thanked Jesus for rain.
Do you throw simple, fun parties?
Made this for quick breakfast when there was nothing to eat , busy with work issue and took only 5 minutes.
Had small corn tortillas but you can use what you have . Even Indian roti , paratha will work . Everyone keep frozen corn ? Well , I do.
- Recipe is simple just like any quesadilla.
- Microwave frozen corn, chop some green chili , peppers , onions , cilantro whatever you have .
- Use some Mexican cheese and that’s it.
- You can sprinkle some salt, pepper .
- If you have some salsa or Guacamole, good. I had some fresh avocado so cut it up on side .
- Nice filling breakfast in 5 minutes without any exotic ingredients.
- Being creative helps in life.