Made this for quick breakfast when there was nothing to eat , busy with work issue and took only 5 minutes.
Had small corn tortillas but you can use what you have . Even Indian roti , paratha will work . Everyone keep frozen corn ? Well , I do.
- Recipe is simple just like any quesadilla.
- Microwave frozen corn, chop some green chili , peppers , onions , cilantro whatever you have .
- Use some Mexican cheese and that’s it.
- You can sprinkle some salt, pepper .
- If you have some salsa or Guacamole, good. I had some fresh avocado so cut it up on side .
- Nice feeling breakfast in 5 minutes without any exotic ingredients.
- Being creative helps in life.
Friend gave me enchilada sauce recipes that she got from Mexican friend and so it’s authentic. Made green sauce and turned out good.
Since it needs tomatillos, summer will be good time when tomatillos are in season. I found them at Walmart and so had to try . Here’s how I made it;
- Roast 4-5 tomatillos for 20 mins. Recipe didn’t say roast it but they are so sour so decided to roast it. Add jalapeño to roast with it too.
- Sauté white onion with garlic.
- Blend all together with vegetables stock if you have it or add water. Also add half bunch cilantro. I used water.
- Add cumin powder, salt.
- If you added water , boil sauce else it will taste watery.
You can use it on enchiladas, in taco or whatever way you like. If you have never tried tomatillos, this is a good way to use it. Tomatillo is a vegetable and it has different nutrition than tomatoes.
Kodo Millet flakes pack i bought at Indian grocery store. You can make poha with it and it’s instant just like our beloved poha. Tasted good.
Sprinkled some flax meal also to add more nutrition, fiber.
I would highly recommend that you try this. I really liked it because I love poha .