Have you tried to grow avocado from seed that you bought to eat? And it never grew. I was in the same boat. This time I planted in summer in a pot and forgot abt it. It took forever but finally it did come up. It takes more than a month for it to sprout and then to see some green leaves seems to take few months. I was gonna use pot for something else when nothing appeared but then I dug seed and saw it had sprouted so I buried it again. And it did grow.
If you like to have house plants, then this will cost nothing . And it’s fun experiment.
So keep patience and forget abt it after planting. Also try in Summer , Spring and keep planting all avocado seeds after eating .
Everyone or should I say health conscious ppl are trying to be gluten free and vegan. Have been realizing lot of Indian recipes can be vegan and gluten free with just few changes.
- Ragda is made of dry white peas. Insta pot here will do the job.
- Pattice is made of potatoes.
- We top with date, tamarind sauce and coriander chutney, onion, tomatoes.
- Skip sev and yogurt on top. Sev is made of besan so gluten free but unless you make at home , you don’t know what all it is made if. Without it, it still taste good and very feeling because of peas.
We have to make things work for us instead of complaining. Isn’t it?
Dal dhokli is another good candidate for Insta pot. You can make in just 1 pot and it’s easy. There are many videos and recipes for this online. I used 1 cup mung dal with skin , 1 tbsp Chana dal. Both soaked for 15 minutes. And it cooked in 12 minutes with natural release. Looks like you can use any dal combination but if your dal is gonna take longer to cook then first cook dal and then add dhokli. Dhokli will cook just in few minutes. Here’s few ideas for open minded ppl.
- If you are not Indian, and want to try this recipe but don’t want to make dhokli…take lasagna sheet, break it in 1 inch pieces and cook it in dal. Very innovative, isn’t it?
You can use any other pasta but not cheese filled. You can but I don’t know how that would taste.
Dals are rich in protein , fiber and with insta pot they are so easy to cook. You don’t need to be Indian or have to follow Indian recipes, come up with your own.
Generally we add ginger ,garlic , tomatoes or lemon juice in dals to make it easy to digest.
Also this will be good for ppl with sugar problem since no extra sugar and more fiber.