Have you ever made enchilada sauce or just buy can ? Well, I always bought can since all recipes i saw used canned tomato sauce. What’s the point? But I found recipe using fresh tomatoes and so I tried. It’s really good and I loved it. I also make corn tortillas at home sometimes since it’s almost like Indian roti, rotla. I found recipe on this wonderful site: https://www.mexicanplease.com It has very good Mexican recipes so do check it out.Here’s how I made it. It is almost like how we make Indian sauces.
- Roast 3 Roma tomatoes for 20 mins at 400F.
- Sauté half white onion chopped with 2-3 garlic cloves for 7-8 mins. I used red onion.
- Chop roasted tomatoes and throw it in and cook for a minute.
- Now add Chipotle’s pepper may be just 1. And 2 tsp of sauce from it also.
- Add cumin powder, black pepper, salt , Mexican oregano if you have it. I skipped it.
- Let it cool down and blend it.
- Heat the sauce again and add some water depending on how thick you want it.
- Make enchiladas the way you like it.
- Chipotle peppers makes a difference in taste and they are available easily.