Now a days on social media everything seems to be money oriented. Pay and ppl will advertise products. It’s important to be honest to yourself . Remember you are watching yourself.
So made this biryani in insta pot and if you are a true biryani lover then this is not for you. It’s more like rice with vegetables with biryani masala and it’s quick.
Good part : Rice was cooked perfect. Vegetables retained their shape . And it’s quick.
Bad part: It doesn’t taste like biryani. Doesn’t have crunch of vegetables. And cannot leave house while it’s cooking because I will have to quick release and eat it right away which is a big negative point for me . I like to start insta pot and leave or get busy with other work.
Trick to cook perfect rice , veggies seems to be 5 min at “low pressure” and quick release. Use vegetables that will cook in same time and cut them same size.
If this interests you , try it.
Left over from Chinese restaurant makes another good meal. This restaurant I went to has huge portion and I tend to finish all vegetables from dish. Left over noodles I brought home.
- Sauté fresh veggies like zucchini , colored peppers , carrot, snow peas, tofu whatever you have and you like.
- Add left over veggies and another good Chinese meal in no time.
- I had added some of the chili oil, hot sauce from restaurant in left over so no need to look for sauces either .
- Do you know how to eat with chopsticks? If not , learn it. It’s fun and learning new things is good for brain at any age.
- When I was going to China , I learned it and i was so thankful because very first night we went out to eat in Beijing they had only chopsticks.
If you observe, we tend to say ” don’t do this, don’t do that, this doesn’t go with this that..” All negativity. And then ends up with conflict of what the heck I do ? We hear “think outside the box” but anytime someone thinks outside the box, we call them crazy. At least we can be creative in kitchen and let others be creative too.
So why not Idli served in pasta plate? ha..ha May be Idli with pizza sauce. Endless opportunities..,
Coriander is good for live and also I love coriander so made chutney. I had no coconut but coconut butter. Yes so yummy with coconut butter.
Makes quick nice breakfast.
Enjoy & Save the turkey !
If you already didn’t know , pizza dough is super super easy to make at home. 2 cup all purpose flour , salt, olive oil and add 3/4th cup of water that you proofed yeast in. Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter for 2 hrs and it will rise . Question is why would you do at home ?
- Because it is super easy.
- You can add flavors in crust like Italian seasoning, crushed pepper , garlic powder etc.
- Everyone now a days is trying to lose weight so this home made pizza might be little lighter.
- Kids will have fun putting , choosing their toppings.
- And it taste good and you will be happy that you made it at home.
If you have never tried to make pizza dough tat home, then at least try once for experiment. You will enjoy.
Got this idea from One of the Chinese restaurant I like. They have more vegetables than noodles and all vegetables have a nice crunch to it. Also lot of different kind of vegetables. I tried to recreate it and it came out very well.
Use 3/4th veggies and 1/4 portion noodles. I added zucchini, carrots , Broccoli ,Tofu, Mushroom, red onion, green onion. Snow peas , water chestnuts, baby corns will be good addition.
I buy Raw peanuts and roast them in oven for 15-20 mins. It will add a nice crunch and taste so much better and fresh. I am not giving any recipe because I just add what I have. I am not too picky.
Serve with a slice of orange. When you use good , fresh, quality ingredients , everything taste good .
Try it out . No need to eat same food everyday and no need to feed same food every day. Meal times should be fun for everyone.