Hiker friends love boiled peanuts and we call boiled peanut lovers squirrels now. So I have been making them for few years now for our hikes. Now with insta pot they are much easier to make. Here’s how I made them in 6 quarter insta pot.
- Soak raw dry peanuts for 10-12 hrs in insta pot only with trivet that comes with it on so that they stay in water else they will float.
Rinse and add fresh water, salt. Needs lot of salt. You can taste water and it should taste good salty. You can also add spices you like.
Pressure cook on high for 50 mins. And let it release naturally.
Taste and if salt is less , add more and cook for a minute and natural release again so it has time to absorb more salt.
Fun healthy snack to relax and chit chat with friends.
If you have green peanuts (lucky you) then no need to soak. It should be done in 25-30 minutes.
Peanuts are gluten free. So this is vegan gluten free snack. It will keep you full for a long time too.
Khamani is generally loaded with oil but it doesn’t need to be . You can make it healthy ,tasty and can enjoy for breakfast. Here’s my variation.
- Soak Chana dal for 3-4 hrs . Chana dal is rich in protein and fiber.
- Grind coarse or I just blended in magic bullet with little water. Batter should be like khaman like thick but liquid.
- Add salt and baking soda or eno and steam for 12-15 mins.
- Heat coconut oil and be little generous here but not too generous either. Add mustard seeds, paste of ginger and extra garlic, green chili paste . Sauté , add hing.
- Add steamed khaman , crumble . Use potato masher if needed. If it’s too dry, sprinkle water or some kind of milk. 2-3 tbsp to make it soft and moist.
- Add sugar, lemon juice according to your taste . Add golden raisin and cashew nuts.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with flax powder , cilantro. Use shredded coconut if you have it . Or you can add some coconut butter too on top.
- Garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds . Skip sev.
- Isn’t it a good breakfast?
Last evening we had Diwali celebration in my company and I did India table. Sharing here what I did if anyone has something similar going and would like to present a country.
The way I thought is if someone comes to see table , what can they take back and what unique things India has to offer to world. Here’s presenting India the way I see it.
- Yoga pictures frame I have at home that I took with me. People really don’t know what yoga is . So I added a card “Yoga meaning Unity”. People were surprised when they realized its me only in pictures.
- I had yoga , mediation and mantra and Ayurveda books.
- Made a collage poster from my recent India trip with pictures of Taj Mahal, Golden temple, Chardham walks, Beautiful temples . Kind of India tour if anyone likes to visit India. Few ppl told me they would like to go see Taj Mahal and I gave information on how easy to get there from Delhi and they can stop by Mathura , Vrindavan and visit temples too.
- Few handicraft things I had at home. Jewelry, bangles , bindi.
- Peacock with card that it’s India’s national bird and even some Indian ppl didn’t know that. (Plz buy peacock feathers only if you really need it because peacocks are hunted just For feathers)
- Last but not the least Gandhi’s little statue with card Non-violence and Truth. That’s what Gandhi stood for and it’s relevant even today.
- Over all ppl liked it and they even took the pictures.
- Have you showcased your unique culture ?
If you want to make good lunch to take it to work , school in the morning this will be a good option. Made this in the morning while tea was boiling.
- Sauté onion , garlic in insta pot and throw all veggies in. If you have saved some cooked black beans then throw that too.
- Add rinsed quinoa , water, salt and spice you like. You can do Mexican quinoa too using taco seasoning, cumin powder.
- Manual cook for 1 min on high pressure.
- Now enjoy your tea, take shower and get ready.
- Pressure in insta pot should have been naturally released now and everything will be cooked .
- Add some cashew nuts, flax meal, cilantro and squeeze lemon juice .
- Pack it. Isn’t that simple ?
Do you wait for perfect time for every thing ? We all do but if that’s all the time and you are not growing in life and “you want to grow in life ” , start questioning yourself . If you don’t want to do anything, then that’s fine . Skip reading further.
I bought this nice new pot and have been wanting to make poha in it but I kept saying not now few times . Today I got pissed off at myself only and just made it . Come on , it’s just poha and I don’t need good “Muhurat ” for it. Whenever the opportunity comes, it’s perfect time. You may , may not get opportunity again. Stop overthinking and just do it. That yoga class , hike , art class , gym , music whatever you have been eyeing just try it out for a day , 1 class , 1 hr , 1 day or just 1 breath at a time.
“Now” is the perfect time to start living .