As I mentioned y’day , tried biryani today and it turned out good. I would say must try. There are lots of videos Of recipes so I won’t bother. Jackfruit pieces are just like chicken here . Give someone who likes chicken Biryani.
You can also use jackfruit in any fried rice you make . Use your favorite recipe.
On recent chardham trip, @ Badarinath hotel ,kathal/Jackfruit masala was on buffet and we all just ate that and ignored rest of the buffet items. Since then I wanted to make it. I had tried it years before using canned jackfruit but I didn’t like taste of canned. This time I found in frozen section at Indian store . Some places it’s available fresh too if you are willing to do all the work to cut it.
It looks like chicken , isn’t it ? Since it’s a fruit , it will have little protein.
Followed nishmadhurika ‘s recipe from YouTube. It’s very simple and easy to make it.
- Cool raw jackfruit for 1 whistle .
- Heat oil, crack cumin seeds . Add ginger , garlic , green chili paste. Sauté and add turmeric powder , red chili powder, coriander powder , salt.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Use generous amt of tomatoes to make it taste good.
- Cook tomatoes few minutes only leaving little crunch.
- Add boiled jackfruit, adjust salt. Mix, mash some . Add garam masala, Amchoor powder.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Yum ! Next I will make biryani.
Mung is so easy to sprouts in summer when it’s hot. Sprouts have more nutrition and they taste so good . You can use this sprouts in so many different ways. Make puda/pancake by mixing chickpea flour and spices, veggies. It will be high protein pancake/puda. You can use in salad , make curry out of it . This is how I sprout.
Soak mung beans in water from morning to night which is for me from 8-9 am to 9-10 pm.
Rinse and put them in my steel strainer like shown in picture. You can use cheese cloth too.
Cover with some pot or plate and leave on the side of kitchen counter .
Next day evening after around 18-20 hrs , they look like the picture.
Isn’t it easy? Mung beans are cheap too. I buy them at Indian store.
Try it out. It’s totally worth to spend few bucks to try this experiment.
A friend gave home grown peaches and so tried out this simple dessert. As you know I don’t like to add extra sweetness in neither my food nor speech.
Constructive criticism should always be welcomed . What we do most of the time is I praise you, you praise me and we stay in rut. I have no clue where , how I am coming up with this nonsense too. Ha ha
Coming to recipe, Just roast cut peaches in oven. Sprinkle some cinnamon and eat with vanilla ice cream. You can also grill your peach.
One of My coworker likes everything with chocolate and cheese and always gives me ideas to put them into everything and I dismiss them most of the times. He has been enjoying figs from my tree. Few days back, he told me he saw chocolate covered figs at Trader’s joe and was tempted to buy them. I thought I would try since it’s easy and may be some of you will like them too.
- Since I am just trying it out , I used chocolate chips I had . Melted in microwave with little coconut oil. Check every 30 seconds and mix .
- Let it cool down for few mins. Dip fresh figs in it and put it in refrigerator to set. You can also cover in some nuts .
- This will make a good , innovative dessert for the party. Easy to make and you can make day before.
- Use dark chocolate if possible.