Weather is warming up now and so can enjoy nice smoothies. I made this quickly in the morning to take it to work. So simple, takes a minute.
- Mix banana, pineapple pieces . All fresh and pineapple was cut up night before . Add little water and blend in magic bullet.
- I wanted to add mango but had no time to peel mango .
- Add chia seeds , beetroot powder and mix. Cover with the lid and throw in your work bag.
- Now you will have energy to walk in lunch time . Thanks to beetroot powder .
Body is called our first temple and you should keep it clean inside, out and healthy, make changes as we age . That includes mental faculties too. As we age body will have different needs. Why do you want to stay healthy? You can answer that for yourself .
Not to generalize ppl but I have noticed when I find something good and tell ppl at work or my yoga friends they will go to store or will buy it on amazon right away. But some ppl will just try what I gave them but will never buy and will just make some excuses. May be they don’t want to spend money or not interested in health. Well, each to their own. Some ppl have no time, money for life giving things but have everything for nonsense.
There are things we can do as young and won’t be able to do in old age . But then old age will have things to do too. Everyone seems to be planning things to do after retirement, after this and that… but remember by that time you will be old. So what we can do now, we should just do it. Like hiking I won’t be doing that at old age but I will have stories to tell young ppl and suggestions like drink beetroot juice , Eat some protein.
Are you keeping your temple in a good shape ? Is it maintained well? It’s spring time and so start cleaning it and then rebuild .
If you are lazy and don’t want to go through process of beetroot boiling , peeling etc or you want to take on a trip, then buy beetroot powder . I got mine on amazon.
How to use it ? Here’s few ideas:
- Mix with water and drink like a juice . You can add lemon juice , cumin powder or whatever way you want to season it
- Mix in smoothies or Indian Raita or yogurt.
- Sprinkle in rice or mix in curries.
- Make red roti , paratha using powder.
- Be creative and find your unique way.
- Brussel sprouts, Bitter gourd lightly cooked in coconut oil.
- Mango and wheat roti.
- Was lazy to make some dal soup or cut avocado.