Why would anyone will want to eat bitter gourd ? You might think. There are 6 tastes and we should experience each taste everyday. Bitter most of the ppl don’t eat. Body needs all 6 taste to function properly. If you are not a fan of bitter , try little bit for a month and see if you develop a taste for it. I wasn’t a fan before but now I enjoy it and even crave .
Bitter gourd chips baked in oven tasted good. Very less oil needed. Here’s how I made it.
- Used Indian bitter gourd since they are nicely bitter . Wash and slice using mandolin.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder , salt and chat masala which gives a nice flavour. Add little coconut or sesame oil. And mix everything well.
- Oil a foil paper and spread chips in a single layer.
- Bake at 375f for around 15 minutes and broil for few minutes. Time will vary depending on your oven.
- Enjoy as a side dish.
- Let kids try too but don’t force it. Tell them just to taste.