Like everything else, you learn how to hike too. It’s good to teach kids too, but for that adults will have to do too. Most of the times adults, parents are behind kids that they have to learn this and that. But they themselves are not learning anything new.
Today we had 7 year old with mom. Few falls, cries, some rocks were scary for her. At the end of hike she said she likes to hike with yoga ppl because it’s so much fun. And she will come again. Isn’t that a good experience for little one?
Why would anyone will want to eat bitter gourd ? You might think. There are 6 tastes and we should experience each taste everyday. Bitter most of the ppl don’t eat. Body needs all 6 taste to function properly. If you are not a fan of bitter , try little bit for a month and see if you develop a taste for it. I wasn’t a fan before but now I enjoy it and even crave .
Bitter gourd chips baked in oven tasted good. Very less oil needed. Here’s how I made it.
- Used Indian bitter gourd since they are nicely bitter . Wash and slice using mandolin.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder , salt and chat masala which gives a nice flavour. Add little coconut or sesame oil. And mix everything well.
- Oil a foil paper and spread chips in a single layer.
- Bake at 375f for around 15 minutes and broil for few minutes. Time will vary depending on your oven.
- Enjoy as a side dish.
- Let kids try too but don’t force it. Tell them just to taste.
Weather is warming up now and so can enjoy nice smoothies. I made this quickly in the morning to take it to work. So simple, takes a minute.
- Mix banana, pineapple pieces . All fresh and pineapple was cut up night before . Add little water and blend in magic bullet.
- I wanted to add mango but had no time to peel mango .
- Add chia seeds , beetroot powder and mix. Cover with the lid and throw in your work bag.
- Now you will have energy to walk in lunch time . Thanks to beetroot powder .
Body is called our first temple and you should keep it clean inside, out and healthy, make changes as we age . That includes mental faculties too. As we age body will have different needs. Why do you want to stay healthy? You can answer that for yourself .
Not to generalize ppl but I have noticed when I find something good and tell ppl at work or my yoga friends they will go to store or will buy it on amazon right away. But some ppl will just try what I gave them but will never buy and will just make some excuses. May be they don’t want to spend money or not interested in health. Well, each to their own. Some ppl have no time, money for life giving things but have everything for nonsense.
There are things we can do as young and won’t be able to do in old age . But then old age will have things to do too. Everyone seems to be planning things to do after retirement, after this and that… but remember by that time you will be old. So what we can do now, we should just do it. Like hiking I won’t be doing that at old age but I will have stories to tell young ppl and suggestions like drink beetroot juice , Eat some protein.
Are you keeping your temple in a good shape ? Is it maintained well? It’s spring time and so start cleaning it and then rebuild .