Spinach is a good source of iron for vegetarian women like me . If you are eating spinach for iron boost, according to my experience simple curry like this is more beneficial. I feel the difference when I eat this simple spinach curry.
Spinach cooks very quickly and so learn to NOT over cook and kill it . I added mushrooms to it for the bite. Or use potato or cauliflower. No paneer or tofu. Here’s how I made it :
- Heat olive oil and add some cumin seeds , methi seeds , chopped garlic and torn red chili.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped fresh spinach. Let it wilt before adding usual dry spices.
- Add spices , salt .
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for few minutes.Tomatoes enhances iron absorption.
- Done . It takes hardly 5 minutes.
- You can have with roti or rotla.
Some ppl like to have a routine so that they don’t need to think in weekdays . If that’s the case , pick a day like Wednesday is day of mercury and astrology recommends eating green food . Or you pick a day when you do grocery. Spinach i like to use in a day or 2 after bringing home .