Are you into hiking or running and would like to feel little better , more energetic? Well, try beetroot. There’s some research also done on it.
My personal experience is when I eat beetroot night before hike , I do little better. I just boil beetroot , sprinkle some salt and lemon juice and eat it like a salad on the side .
Try it yourself and see if you feel better . There’s nothing to lose here.
In India , there are juice bars where they make juice right in front of you and it’s just from fresh fruits and taste so good. Made this orange Indian way.
Peel oranges and remove if there’s any seeds. Add a piece of ginger and blend all together in a magic bullet or any blender . Strain and gulp it . Kids will love it and will ask for more so have a orange bag handy.
This way juice is little frothy and taste different than when you use citrus juicer. You can add mint too if you like.
Steamed orange is a Chinese remedy for cough google says. It tasted so good that you can eat any day. Try if it appeals to you. Here’s how you do it.
- Soak orange in salted water for 15 mins and then rinse.
- Cut the top little bit.
- Scrape surface little bit and sprinkle salt. Try to push salt in. Be careful with salt else it will become to salty.
- Put the top back and steam for 15-20 mins.
- Let it cool little bit and remove skin. Take the pulp and mix that water from the bowl.
- Nice hot bowl of orange and it looks to pretty.
- I think adding little ginger before steaming and some honey after it’s steamed will make it very tasty dessert.
- Try it out with that orange sitting on the counter.
- Enjoy !