Cauliflower is in season now and so you will see nice fresh ones everywhere in store. I end up buying every time and have to come up with new ways. This is another very simple and quick way to make . Make just enough that will be eaten up .
- Cut cauliflower in medium size florets and wash it well.
- Heat oil and crack some cumin seeds . Be little generous with cumin seeds and oil here. Cumin seeds give nice flavor in this dish.
- Throw cauliflower in it and add dry spices. I used turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, ginger, garlic powder and salt. Mix well, cover and cook.
- It will cook in its own water and stir in between . Do not add water.
- It takes only few minutes since cauliflower cooks quickly. Over cooked will turn too soft and will have sulfur smell.
- Garnish with either kasoori methi or cilantro leaves.
- It’s very tasty and good spicy.
- So why do we add all this spices? Besides making it tasty , cauliflower causes gas just like beans so adding garlic , ginger helps with digestion.